• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Saw My Morning Jacket live in Atlanta on Saturday night. Great concert as always. Loved that they opened with Victory Dance and Circuital. Also, probably the best version of Magheetah I have ever heard them play.

New mix from Townie!

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hmd8u4h0iw9hpk7

1. Left Behind (Beat Happening cover) - Yellow Ostrich
2. A Conversation about Death on New Years Eve - Scattered Trees
3. Jenny - Walk the Moon*
4. Murder Room - Pepper Rabbit
5. Top Bunk - Gauntlet Hair
6. Content - The Features
7. Crooked Road - Water Tower Bucket Boys
8. Jules' Story - Crystal Antlers
9. Fallout - Neon Indian
10. When I Was High - Nikkiya
11. Cosmonauts - Kites With Lights
12. 2 Forms of Anger - Brian Eno
13. Vorms - Collections of Colonies of Bees

* this is not a new song by any means, the cd came out in November 2010, but we saw them at Lolla, and their show was tremendous. just bought their LP. also the water tower bucket boys just played a local show here and they are just absolutely rowdy. their cd came out in april i believe?

Hell yeah!

MMJ was terrific. Show was probably cut short by 15-25 minutes due to weather and the hard ending time of 11:00.

MMJ was terrific. Show was probably cut short by 15-25 minutes due to weather and the hard ending time of 11:00.

Definitely a great show. Props to ImTheCaptain for being such a good bass player.

47037_834346361119_7813208_46824178_1462125_n.jpg

MMJ-bass-by-Marc.jpg

Can't embed because it's a vimeo vid, but the new Boston Spaceships(Robert Pollard) record is awesome. Here's the first single, oh, and it's not NSFW.

http://vimeo.com/27181548

Going up to Mt Airy for my birthday and am going to catch Jessie McReynolds and the Virginia Boys in Galax.

He just put out an album of GD covers, so I am interested to hear his take on some classics.

Found a couple Uncle Tupelo records in a bargain bin yesterday. Given my tastes in music, it's probably pretty surprising I've never listened to them... Gotten about half way through March 16-20, 1992 but got stuck listening to "Moonshiner" on repeat. Great tune. Rest of it isn't too bad either.

edit: guess I shouldn't have started off with an album with some covers, but whatever

Last edited:
Found a couple Uncle Tupelo records in a bargain bin yesterday. Given my tastes in music, it's probably pretty surprising I've never listened to them... Gotten about half way through March 16-20, 1992 but got stuck listening to "Moonshiner" on repeat. Great tune. Rest of it isn't too bad either.

edit: guess I shouldn't have started off with an album with some covers, but whatever

Moonshiner is a fantastic song. I can listen to it about 100 times over and over again and probably have.

That album is great. Not as good as their first two, but I like it better than Anodyne.

The other one I picked up is No Depression. Didn't check to see which came first, just popped March in my CD player in my truck. Probably should have started with No Depression as it is their first album, but I'll get to it either tonight or tomorrow.

No Depression, Still Feel Gone, March 1992, Anodyne...that's the order of release. No Depression and Still Feel Gone are very similar. March is acoustic. Anodyne is when you can really feel the Tweedy and Farrar differences that would lead to Wilco and Son Volt. Chickamauga off Anodyne feels like a Son Volt song.

I used to play Graveyard Shift all the time on my WAKE radio show that nobody listened to.

No Depression, Still Feel Gone, March 1992, Anodyne...that's the order of release. No Depression and Still Feel Gone are very similar. March is acoustic. Anodyne is when you can really feel the Tweedy and Farrar differences that would lead to Wilco and Son Volt. Chickamauga off Anodyne feels like a Son Volt song.

I used to play Graveyard Shift all the time on my WAKE radio show that nobody listened to.

You had one of those too?

I think I maxed out at 10 listeners once

edit: My senior year I teamed up with a buddy of mine and we had a strong first semester. Had some decent numbers and friends who would call in. The antics were entertaining. But at the end of the day, his taste in music bordered on what I consider the absurd, and I ended up losing interest. He'll probably read this and be offended.

Last edited:
Found a couple Uncle Tupelo records in a bargain bin yesterday. Given my tastes in music, it's probably pretty surprising I've never listened to them...

Yeah, it is. Need to go back and look at your Ryan Bingham recommendations again as I really want to buy something from him.

So much good music on those 4 Uncle Tupelo albums. Own all 4, but went to Wikipedia to look at the track listings and saw they re-released all the albums in 2003 with bonus tracks:
--Moonshiner (live)
--the Walton's (Theme)
--Whiskey Bottle (live acoustic)
--Suzy Q (live)

Lot of other bonus tracks look interesting too. Might join Ten, Vs., Vitalogy and High Violet as CDs I already own and bought again for remastered version and/or bonus tracks.

New (fairly disturbing - but SFW) Skrillex Video. For those of you not into the steppydubs, this bro is probably the most popular/mainstream/commercially viable artist in the genre.

I sort of like where this dude is coming from, but at 33, I feel like I may be too old for his music. If I was still a 21 year old doofus, I would be all over it though. At least I can take solace in the fact that I dont hear constant farting noises when I listen to it (via southpark).

Only songs I can't really get into on March 1992 are Atomic Power and Warfare. Both the studio and live versions of Moonshiner are great. I also really like Black Eye, I Wish My Baby Was Born, Wipe The Clock, Sandusky, and Grindstone.

Back