• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

If you are a Hip-Hop head

Big Remo...(from W-S)
Lupe Fiasco- Lazers
Syzoo - Live from the tape Deck

Also check out Pusha T's new mixtape, Fear of God. One of the best mixtapes I've heard in a long time. Can't wait for his solo debut album, and since it's coming out under Kanye's G.O.O.D music label I know it'll be just as hot as the mixtape. I'm going to the Bamboozle Roadshow in Charlotte on May 6, which features Chiddy Bang, Ninjasonik, and Pusha T. Can't wait.

Keeping with my trend of being years behind my friends on music....

I'm a big fan of Bloodbuzz Ohio - The National. I'd never listened to them before last weekend.

1st heard of The National when they were touring with R.E.M and Modest Mouse. Were getting some buzz then, but never really checked them up until they started doing appearances for High Violet last spring. Became hooked after seeing this performance on Letterman last May.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5C2WVCruPM

Bought High Violet and worked my way backwards through their entire catalog. The 1st album is the only one not worth the purchase IMO.

Last edited:
I like checking out KCRW's channel on YouTube. They have some great new stuff on there. I love Morning Becomes Eclectic. I posted this Teddy Thompson video on the "what are you listening to now" thread.

That's awesome kent. Loser is such a great fuckin' song!!!!!

Further will be in Raleigh and Greenville in late July.

Probably also going to see Merlefest Saturday and Sunday. My sister's fiance lives in Wilkesboro, so we will have a free place to stay, the kids want to see some music and the Waybacks Hillside Album show and Robert Plant intrigue me.

Last edited:
Seeing the Foo Fighters on SNL (via Hulu) just now got me pumped for when their album drops in a couple of days.

Bought the new Decemberist album this morning. Digging it a lot so far. This is the first album I've bought of theirs so I can't compare it anything they've done in the past.

Another solid recent album is The Winter of Mixed Drinks by Frightened Rabbit

Festival plans for everyone this summer?

Bonnaroo looks great, but I can't make it.

I'm going to a couple smaller local ones (an hour from me in Hershey, PA) with nice headliners

http://www.jibberjazz.com/skoj6/home.html

http://www.jibberjazz.com/msm2/home.html

and I plan to go to Lollapalooza cause I got a feeling the 20th anniversary year is gonna be special.

I'm planning on hitting up Lollapalooza and the smaller Wicker Park festival here in Chicago. Should be a great time.

I talked to someone yesterday who has seen the Lolla lineup though and he said he was underwhelmed. By that, I think he was talking about the headliners though. Hopefully the side stages are good.

The Avett Brothers are going to play the new White Oak Amphitheater in Gso Oct 8.

Saw the Avetts Saturday in Charlotte. For those interested in the GSO show in October, tickets go on sale Friday according to the flyer they were handing out as we were leaving.

saw Ben Folds in Boone last night. Awesome show, played close to 2 hours; the dude can murder a piano. I'm amazed his fingers don't bleed at the end of the show.

Back