• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Anyone listen yet to Panda Bear's new album? Been a little down on Panda Bear after seeing a very underwhelming live show at the Hopscotch Festival in Raleigh last fall, but there's no denying that Person Pitch was an amazing album. Hopefully this album sounds a little better than some of his songs sounded live.

It's a nice album to just tune out and listen to at work, but nowhere near Person Pitch.

It's a nice album to just tune out and listen to at work, but nowhere near Person Pitch.

That basically sounds like that show, which would have been fine if it had been in my bungalow at 3 am with christmas lights strung around the room and passing the pipe around.

The fact that it was at, like, 9 pm and after Broken Social Scene had rocked balls off and could have played for another hour and a half, was the disappointment to me, and I was even prepared for what to expect from 'ole Panda Bear.

I read a decent review of it today, though, so I'll probably check it out at some point.

I'll be at Jazzfest 2nd weekend. More Strokes + the Arcade Fiyo + Gospel Tent goodness during the day.

Anco >>> Panda Bro.

New animal collective tracks debated live last week in cali. Here's hoping for a new album!

I'm listening to Iron Maiden "Powerslave" right now. I think it's a pretty good album.

White boys be funky.

Oh hell yes.

The original drummer, another Scot, overdosed and was replaced by the brother in the video, Steve Ferrone, who now plays with Tom Petty, if anyone has seen him recently. Great drummer.

I think I am going to go see Toro y Moi tonight (I have a ticket, it is sold out, but I have been known to bail on these things). I don't really know them. Does anyone know them, and if so have a recommendation of a few tracks to listen to?

Has anyone caught them live before?

Check out bombino on npr. Early AOTY candidate out of south Africa.

New Explosions in the Sky album comes out on April 26th. I'm excited about that one.

Anyone heard the new TV on the Radio album?

I like the new TVOTR. My gf just saw them in NYC.

They haven't gotten great reviews thus far, though. Honestly, it seems like they are just happier people these days, and they wrote an album of love/sex songs, and it's kinda awesome.

Back