• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Let me not be too consumed with this world
Sometimes I want to go home
And stay out of sight for a long time

Hall & Oates touring with Tears For Fears this summer. Might be a good show, maybe I'll try to hit them up in Columbus.

Some weeks my Discover Weekly playlist really brings the motherfuckin heat. This is one of those weeks.

And then them doing this Stevie tune with Stevie on electric piano! HOT!

Last edited:
El Chupe, hook me up with some good classical listens (youtube, or maybe like a pandora station or something?). Mozart in the Jungle has me interested but I know nothing. That Sibelius was pretty dope.

Hmmm, I don't do stations like that really. Mozart in the Jungle has some good, relatively deep cut stuff, I've been impressed. I've been listening a lot to the Jessye Norman recording of Strauss' Vier Letzte Lieder I posted earlier, and the Britten. The channel from which I got the Karajan Sibelius looks to have some good stuff. Greatclassicalrecords on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/greatclassicrecords/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=5

I want to listen to more Russians. Shostakovich, Rimsky-Korsakov, and Prokofiev. I know some people that like them a lot more than Stravinsky.

And more of Les Six: Honegger, Milhaud, and Poulenc, specifically, though I know a lot of Poulenc.

Last edited:
i too dig profokiev, have a great vinyl of this performance

This has a list of (most of) the music used in Mozart in the Jungle.

http://www.tunefind.com/show/mozart-in-the-jungle/

They do use some greatest hits, of course, but some good stuff to get into that one might not know, as well. Shit, I studied this stuff, have been listening to it and playing it my whole life, and feel like I know nothing and still have major major gaps of knowledge in areas that I do know.

Saw this done at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco a couple of years ago, along with the Allegri "Miserere" during holy week on Maundy Thursday. Would have been good shit had they had the choir inexplicably not facing one of the walls. Anyway, appropriate for Lent.

This is also a cool Poulenc choral piece.

I think Alt-J just may have tweeted out some new usic. The binary translates to '3ww'

Alt-J and Arcade Fire are really the only two rly big artists of the indie bubble that are still active and strong. Was listening to YYYEahs on the way to work today.

Miss those guys.

Back