• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

A cousin of Todd Rundgren was at Wake in the early/mid-70s. Todd was always on the cutting edge of technology. Lots of people write and produce, but Todd was also an engineer and built things himself.

Yeah, he's fucking great. This record is amazing.

It was Bach's birthday yesterday and he is the greatest.

"When a musician named Geyersbach flubbed his bassoon solo (possibly from this Cantata No. 150), Bach called him a 'zippel fagottist' (which translates, hilariously, to “a prick of a bassoonist”). Later the insulted musician jumped Bach in the town square and the composer reacted by drawing his sword."

Oh s***! Me too. One of the few bands left on my live music bucket list.
I couldnt afford the front sections l, got section 6, row L tickets for 48 bucks each + $18 each(fuck) in ticket master fees.

Been digging this rarity by Lou Christie (Sacco), who you may know for the falsetto "Lightnin' Strikes" oldie fave, but came out with this pretty crazy baroque wall of sound pop record in the early 70s as Lou Christie Sacco, called Paint America Love, and, well, it is something else. Closes with these two tracks.

When you bring up "wall of sound", I think back to my uncle doing one of the first uses of echo in a pop record. It was the late 50s on a song called "Butterfly". The way they got echo was not exactly the same as it's done today. He made a chain of mic cables and stretched them into a stairwell to get the effect.

In the 80s, Apple came out with the first major computerized music system called Fairlight. It cost about $40,000 in the mid-1980s. Today, you can get exponentially more powerful instrumentals for a couple hundred bucks.

I was at NAMM in the early 90s. The new marvel was a computer program that could write sheet music from tapes and could do multiple instruments at one time. I was watching the demo and shaking my head. This English guy next to me said something, "That make things easier, mate. What will they think of next?"

I tried to say something like "Who knows?" But when I saw that Brit was John Entwistle, I fumbled.

The Miles Davis / Coltrane bootlegs from the 1960 Europe tour that Columbia have been putting out over the last few months are fucking great. So much fun listening to those guys playing together during all those shows.

The Miles Davis / Coltrane bootlegs from the 1960 Europe tour that Columbia have been putting out over the last few months are fucking great. So much fun listening to those guys playing together during all those shows.

Listened to the new drop this morning. It is good stuff

Does anyone know of any existing versions of Abbey Road with "Her Majesty" inserted in its originally intended place between "Mean Mr. Mustard" and "Polythene Pam"?

For years, one of Miles' ex-wives was the hostess/manager of Hamburger Hamlet on Sunset.

Back