• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Listened to new Kanye, Father John Misty, and Pusha T. They are all good, but Daytona is my favorite

so far live Real Estate feels like the light beer version of Built to Spill

the whole band looks like dudes who have stopped skateboarding because it's "not as much fun as it used to be"

there is a couple? in front of me deep throating each other's tongues; which like, good music but weird place y'all

Lotta weird choices in this set list. All new stuff :(

If I told Alexa "play Real Estate" and it played these songs, I would unplug my Alexa.

The crowd at a Real Estate concert has the same collective face as a bored cashier.

Real Estate sounds like a Real Estate cover band

I agree with this sentiment. A thrown together cover band of their own tunes. And this was four years ago when I saw them. Good to know they've really taken their chance to hone their craft since. Frauds. Terrible band. Two decent sounding records that I heard that I suspect won't hold up, but I doubt I'll be revisiting any time soon. I have very rarely been more pissed off at a band in my life.

there is a couple? in front of me deep throating each other's tongues; which like, good music but weird place y'all

True story: I once almost introduced myself to a former sometimes current boards poster at a rock concert in Durham that I think we both figured out we were going to so discussed meeting up, but I hesitated when I saw him because he was sucking face with his date/girlfriend. More power to them, they looked like they were having fun, but the band was The Olivia Tremor Control and, like, yeah, seemed odd at the time, so I just decided to keep to myself.

I am only sort of aware of this band's name, but the singer from Jonathan Fire*Eater died recently and I saw that he was born in Winston. Random.

Good band? Anyone dig them?

I agree with this sentiment. A thrown together cover band of their own tunes. And this was four years ago when I saw them. Good to know they've really taken their chance to hone their craft since. Frauds. Terrible band. Two decent sounding records that I heard that I suspect won't hold up, but I doubt I'll be revisiting any time soon. I have very rarely been more pissed off at a band in my life.

I am glad that there is more disdain for the Real Estate live show. Saw them open for Spoon in December, and they were horrible. Bored even during the songs I liked.

Happy anniversary. I need these guys to reconcile with Tim Smith, like, yesterday.

so KIDS SEE GHOSTS is the best thing to come out of yeezy season 2018 so far then

Back