• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Zep was signed to Atlantic by the time they went on their debut North American Tour in December 1968 (started the tour in Denver).

I guess the local rock station and Alice Cooper were wrong discussing this yesterday.

I guess the local rock station and Alice Cooper were wrong discussing this yesterday.

Could be true of Alice Cooper; I don't know his music that well. Zep was touring in support of the album "Led Zeppelin" the recording of which was done independently/self-funded.

Zep signed with Atlantic in November 1968, just a few weeks before heading out on tour. It was reported they received a 200K advance which was pretty unheard of at the time.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/event/november-11-1968

What are some 2019 releases people are looking forward to?

For me: Weezer, Raconteurs, Hayes Carll, American Football, Run the Jewels

Raconteurs is the one I'm most excited about; they put out the best rock album of the 2000s and then nothing. If they tour this year I'm going to make an effort to see them.

I'm looking forward to the new Cass McCombs, and the first from You Tell Me, which is a Field Music side gig, and I have all the time in the world for those dudes.

For me: Weezer, Raconteurs, Hayes Carll, American Football, Run the Jewels

Raconteurs is the one I'm most excited about; they put out the best rock album of the 2000s and then nothing. If they tour this year I'm going to make an effort to see them.

Stoked for American Football

Could be true of Alice Cooper; I don't know his music that well. Zep was touring in support of the album "Led Zeppelin" the recording of which was done independently/self-funded.

Zep signed with Atlantic in November 1968, just a few weeks before heading out on tour. It was reported they received a 200K advance which was pretty unheard of at the time.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/event/november-11-1968

I wonder what they spent that advance on?

Spent this weekend listening to the late 2018 release "Universal Beings" by Makaya McCraven and really fell in love with his music; super cool concept as well. In essence, the album represents 4 concerts, with 4 different line ups, recorded in 4 different cities. Really cool shit. Enough blabbing, here's the music:

Spent this weekend listening to the late 2018 release "Universal Beings" by Makaya McCraven and really fell in love with his music; super cool concept as well. In essence, the album represents 4 concerts, with 4 different line ups, recorded in 4 different cities. Really cool shit. Enough blabbing, here's the music:

Oh cool. I think Juice has mentioned this dude before? I feel like I've heard the name. Sounds pretty wild, I will check out.

Went next door back to the old gig at the Music Library for their freebie table and scored a vinyl of this first solo record from former Genesis guitarist Anthony Phillips. I think I've posted this song before, but it's very pretty, just like the album cover.

This is probably the most appealing (to me) Bonnaroo Lineup I can remember; 15 or so bands I would love to see. Seriously considering it this year.

full-poster-facebooktwitter-9d1335e4.jpg

And this guy is playing in Raleigh on Sunday. Hmmmm...

https://indyweek.com/music/news/neptunes-resonancy-series-opens-up-the-worlds-that-are-tucke/

Back