• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Going to Steve Gunn and Gun Outfit tonight, I think.

Last edited:
Paradise of Bachelors is a cool label, I'm glad it's local and the acts come through here all the time. I'm never blown away by anyone on it, but they usually sound good and they all seem like pros and good, genuine people.

Like, I've seen this guy four or five times now, opening or sitting in with someone. It's always nice. I'll probably never go crazy for anything he does, but I'm glad people like this have an outlet to do what they do.

Last edited:
thought we were doing cowgirl in the sand there for a second

Steve Gunn was a good show; Gun Outfit cool, as well, though I couldn't hear anything the old bearded fella was playing with his banjos and lap steel thing and other oddly shaped small picking instruments. Maybe it was all atmospheric and I wasn't supposed to really hear it, I was just supposed to sense it.

Anyway, good vibes, Steve Gunn kind of jammed more than I remembered him doing. Solid guitarist. Better show than the William Tyler one I saw in the same place a couple months back. Some local celebs, like that guy I posted above, Jake Xerxes Fussell, were in the audience.

I'm sure its related to my taste in music, but this might be the best summer concert schedule that I can remember. There are 10+ concerts in NC that I would like to attend, sadly my wife isn't a concert chick, so I don't think I can swing all of them.

Already got tickets for Vampire Weekend, Florence, 3EB & Jimmy Eat World, and FJM/Jason Isabell.

Tempted to pick up tickets for Cage/Beck, Smashing Pumpkins/Noel Gallagher, Young the Giant/Fitz in the Tantrums, and a few others.

If you don't know anything about Link Wray, here's a chance to learn you something.

0d012c529b85966704821973c01a8a0f_XL.jpg

https://www.oxfordamerican.org/magazine/item/1630-mystic-chords

I shared this Steve Gunn video with my dad because he is a big BMW motorcycle guy, and he was like "Hiya, Liked the song and the bike shots. Oh yeah! Liked the old guy too. I must note that after 300,000 miles on bmws, I have never been stranded with a mechanical problem. Just sayin!"

He was one of the most important songwriters of the 20th century:

If you’re looking for hippy-approved heady instrumental jams, Circles Around the Sun is your band.

Back