• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Also, RIP Anner Bylsma. One of the giants. His '79 recordings of the Bach suites on Baroque cello are my favorites.

Last edited:

ecastasy killed the casuals
they used to wait for us outside and chase us home
but now they chat to us like old chums and try to sell us drugs

oh shit! he did record with some other musicians last year. foxwarren. will check it out and let you all know, but i bet it's cool as shit.

Wait, Randy Newman is also on the Chance album? Crazy and amazing.

I don’t know that I’ve ever knowingly heard a Chance song, but I know a lot of Randy Newman, and he’s great, and, well, that probably tells you everything. Nevermind. Gonna try to make it to Dateline mystery and then go to bed.

You could a lot of Randy Newman in the main room of Reynolda Hall.

The Newman family has been nominated for over 90 Oscars and have done music for over 500 films and TV shows.

I don’t know that I’ve ever knowingly heard a Chance song, but I know a lot of Randy Newman, and he’s great, and, well, that probably tells you everything. Nevermind. Gonna try to make it to Dateline mystery and then go to bed.

Check out Coloring Book, chupe. It’s a great record.

Have you guys listened to it yet? I love Acid Rap and Coloring Book fwiw. It’s an overproduced combination of the worst parts of those mixtapes

I think I’m there, too. That said, the vibes on Coloring Book seem like they’re more up Chupe’s alley.

I really do like Coloring Book a lot. Just Acid Rap has got to be in top 5 mixtapes all time, right? It is that good.

And yeah, I think I agree with you. I think it is all over the place. It's also incredibly long and draining. Its got some good highs, but its got a handful more lows than it does highs.

I also think that the first comment on the r/hiphopheads thread explains it pretty well.

Groceries didn’t make the album. Thank god.

edit: Groceries is better than multiple songs on this album.

I really do like Coloring Book a lot. Just Acid Rap has got to be in top 5 mixtapes all time, right? It is that good.

And yeah, I think I agree with you. I think it is all over the place. It's also incredibly long and draining. Its got some good highs, but its got a handful more lows than it does highs.

I also think that the first comment on the r/hiphopheads thread explains it pretty well.

I feel like Lil Wayne has the five best mixtapes of all time tho

Back