• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

More Creedence content.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/02/7449...-river-at-50-our-essential-guide-to-early-ccr

gettyimages-109366929-08961b6d88598c8935bcb6cf50e47809e041f239-s1300-c85.jpg

New Tyler Childers album "Country Squire" came out today; solid effort with Sturgill helping out on production again. This could be the album that puts TC over the top.

Anyone else catch Weir and Wolf Bros opening with the “Easy To Slip” Little Feat cover last night? Damn. I was moved.

Bob has played easy to slip acoustic and electric for years at least back to the bobby and the midnites days early 80s

[video=youtube;HQh19pokOxk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=HQh19pokOxk[/video]

Also, if you ever want a good laugh, check out this video for I Want To Live In America, which I call the pinnacle of the entire GD experience. Cocaine is a helluva drug!

I looked up a couple of other ones and the closest to last night was one of the Weir and Wasserman’s, but last night’s was wonderful and weathered. Poignant. I was moved.

I did like seeing Kenny Gradney on bass on one of them; I need to explore more Bobby and Midnites or on his own.

This is the shit. This set looks fantastic. Thank you.

Yeah I listen to it all the time. That Peggy O is awesome. He’s Gone starts out acoustic but then Warren and Branford come in halfway through and everyone switches to electric. It was maybe the genesis of Weir’s Wolf Bros project since Don Was plays upright bass with him the whole time.

This is the shit. This set looks fantastic. Thank you.

My favorite Peggy-0 by far and I saw Jerry sing it many times

I have been to many Xmas Jams and that was up there among the best.

In addition to that was Allison Krauss and Jamie Johnson, Michael McDonald. George Porter and Eric Krasno (Bobby came out and played several tunes) and the Last Waltz Band with all of those people doing The Band selections. What a great night of music.

The "Easy To Slip" sent me to Sailin' Shoes, and goddamn Richie Hayward is an amazing drummer. After Lowell, that's the heart of Little Feat. He does not get talked about enough.

In a 3 concerts in 4 day run.

Sunday took the family to Brit Floyd. As we are leaving they were giving out free tickets to Blues Traveler and Moe, so we went to that last night.

Today going with friends to See The Flaming Lips and Claypoll Lennon Delerium.

Imagining Defeat

She woke me up at dawn,
her suitcase like a little brown dog at her heels.

I sat up and looked out the window
at the snow falling in the stand of blackjack trees.

A bus ticket in her hand.

Then she brought something black up to her mouth,
a plum I thought, but it was an asthma inhaler.

I reached under the bed for my menthols
and she asked if I ever thought of cancer.

Yes, I said, but always as a tree way up ahead
in the distance where it doesn’t matter

And I suppose a dead soul must look back at that tree,
so far behind his wagon where it also doesn’t matter.

except as a memory of rest or water.

Though to believe any of that, I thought,
you have to accept the premise

that she woke me up at all.

Back