• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Thanks for posting. I receive my copy of Purple Mountains yesterday. I ordered it from Drag City last Tuesday, the day before he died. It's beautiful music, but hard to listen to. So far, Margaritas at the mall is my favorite.

My old man was there. He was home in Rhode Island after graduating from Wake, and only made it because he was on his motorcycle. I think he said Ten Years After was his favorite. I'll have to talk to him about it again soon.

Here's a nice story about Woodstock. The boy and girl who were on the cover of the album have been married for forty-eight years.

i watch this a lot

strikes me they're good at playing their instruments

also jonny greenwood is one of the coolest motherfuckers out

Radiohead Bonnaroo 2012 one of the best shows I've ever seen

bonnaroo 06 was a really goddamn cool show, i know i've talked about it on here before, but i was coming down off a trip for this one

"just cause you feel it doesn't mean it's there" and "has the light gone out for you? because the light's gone out for me" got me good

80,000 dirty hippies going absolutely nuts starting at 5:30

Thom says some weird shit in between songs

Everything in Its Right Place blew my mind

Last edited:
"This is a new song so you can zone out. Well you're at Bonnaroo so you're already zoned out. We're zoned out too. Anyway this is bodysnatchers."

bonnaroo 06 was a really goddamn cool show, i know i've talked about it on here before, but i was coming down off a trip for this one

"just cause you feel it doesn't mean it's there" and "has the light gone out for you? because the light's gone out for me" got me good

80,000 dirty hippies going absolutely nuts starting at 5:30

This brings me back. I was there, too, Townie. It blows my mind that we somehow don’t know each other IRL.

Went out last night for a mid-week punk show. Found Retirement Party and Prince Daddy & The Hyena on spotify and as luck would have it, they are on the same label so they are touring together right now.

Pictures of Vernon opened; they used the drummer from PD, the bass player from RP, and had a guitar player in none of the other bands. Best I can tell, they are a side project?

Retirement Party was a lot of fun - played a fairly short set (maybe 30 minutes?), but they sounded good and brought good energy. This is probably their most popular song:

Prince Daddy & the Hyena closed and they killed it. The crowd was really into their music which surprised me a bit. This band is clearly building a bit of a following and for good reason - they just brought a ton of energy to the stage. Their latest album "Cosmic Thrill Seekers" was born out of a bad acid trip and the mania/mental health questions that persisted. These guys seem like they like to party. Singer's voice has really taken some getting used to, but I dig it. They were fun to watch and I would go see them again.

Bill Callahan covered trains across the sea at his final show of his US tour last night:

Last edited:
Back