• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Been reading a lot about the fallout from that Ann Powers piece, but haven't really cared to read it or dive too deep. I don't really know any LDR. People's fans will come for you these days, though, unless it is hagiography. Doesn't seem to be any tolerance for mixed reviews.

God damn man child
You act like a kid even though you stand 6 foot 2
Self loathing poet resident Laurel Canyon know it all
You talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you
But I don't get bored I just see through
Why wait for the best when I could have you?

It seems like the double neck electric guitar has gone the way of the dodo. Lots of guitar legends did it. Jimmy Page, Steve Vai, Rick Neilson and others did. Robbie Robertson played double neck guitar and one with a mandolin on the other neck.

John McLaughlin played one at Wake when the Mahavishnu Orchestra played Wait Chapel. They were so loud the doors and windows on Reynolda Hall were vibrating.

Saw Massive Attack perform the whole Mezzanine album last weekend. Really glad I saw them. Absolutely spectacular

Last edited:
A buddy of mine posted this parody Tony Rice 1hour guitar solo joke thing, which was pretty funny, but I looked up the show the jam was actually from, and it's an early 90s Merlefest, and holy shit. Tony Rice, Bela Fleck, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Mark O'Connor, some bass player who understandably gets no solos in these.

Also, was looking up that Galax singer who was throwing game at me via Tinder a few years ago, and there's video of her jamming with Richard and Linda Thompson's kid, Teddy, that's a few years old (the video, not Teddy, who is closer to my age). Crazy! I fucking love Richard Thompson. I guess I should have tried to meet up with her back then, I guess. Oh well, she was/is probably trouble.

https://www.journalnow.com/entertai...cle_50fea6bc-d5ed-55dd-b9a2-663d6875e043.html

Last edited:
S. Paul and the Broken Bones puts on one of the best live performances I've ever seen.

Saw Massive Attack perform the whole Mezzanine album last weekend. Really glad I saw them. Absolutely spectacular

Whoa, cool. Say Hey and I thought about trying for that tour in Boston earlier this year, but tix were like 200 bucks and they ended up postponing anyway. That was def a junior/senior year jam of mine.

Yeah I read that one. Classic CA coastal bubble dweller piece.

"Rockwell himself would envy the portrait she paints on the opening title track, so precise yet comprehensive is its rendering of the contemporary American every-male"

On 'The Greatest': "No one I know can get over this song. I am not yet in a place where I can listen to it without breaking out in goosebumps."

No one I know knows LDR has a new album. I listened, & thought it was p good and was v quickly over it. No goosebumps had.

Imma go out on a far out limb and say that the Actual Norman Rockwell would not be in envy of LDR.

This dude can thrash a guitar.

Loudest show I've ever been to, and the only one where I've actually had to take measures to move back because of the pain. I was also coming off like a four day bender and zero sleep, but that shit was LOUD. Quite possibly permanent damage, but I wasn't into earplugs at the time, so...oh well.

Loudest show I've ever been to, and the only one where I've actually had to take measures to move back because of the pain. I was also coming off like a four day bender and zero sleep, but that shit was LOUD. Quite possibly permanent damage, but I wasn't into earplugs at the time, so...oh well.

I took a friend who’d never heard of them to see them in Atlanta in 2012, and they said “so like, the bassist and the guitarist are on, like, totally different drugs...”

I've listened to the new !!! album about a dozen times over the last few weeks. Their live shows are going to be insane this year.

Back