• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

ha beat me to it by an instant. awesome. checking out out now.

apparently they had the same problems with the mixing during sound check they're having now. lot more sound than i'm used to for these guys.

Last edited:
Balance doesn't sound great right now. Looks like a weird room, too.

That being said, I've heard enough to want to check out the album. Sounds interesting.

From what I saw, the keys player (cant remember his name) plays the keys, electric violin, trombone, and some instrument i didn't recognize. baller.

My 5 favorite new albums so far are:

Fleet Foxes
The Dodos
Telekinesis
Explosions in the Sky
Radiohead

Ah Telekinesis definitely deserves a shout. That got a TON of plays for me when it first went up on NPR. Haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

Got back from a local festival this weekend. I would like to highly recommend a couple bands (especially if they're ever in your area):

The Headlocks

The Coal House Rounders

Apparently the school here has an small outdoor "festival" in one of the small courtyards on campus every spring. This year, on May 14, they're having The Walkmen, Crystal Castles, and Wale perform.

Really pumped for that, although I've never heard Wale rap. The courtyard is very intimate, and I imagine the Walkmen could be good in that setting.

That's sweet! I'm not sold on Crystal Castles, but their show would be insane.

I missed Paul Simon cheap seats in Philly, so I'm not gonna go. But my girl got Animal Collective and Bon Iver tix in Brooklyn for later in the summer FTW! Don't know if I can make Bon Iver, cause it's a weeknight though :/

Also trying to see Junip later this month. I'm super late to the party on these guys, as apparently they've been around for 10+ years or at least Jose Gonzalez has. They just write great music.

New Raphael saadiq and okkervil river albums streaming on npr now!

Pinback is playing Cat's Cradle tonight. That'd be fun, but at this point I'd assume its sold out. If anyone is going, lemme know how it was?

Also, the new Architecture in Helsinki is on Spinner. Great bass work throughout, and it's a very danceable album. Deserves a few more listens from me before I give a full evaluation, though.

Crystal Castles's chick has a broken foot or something, she was limping around last night.

Forgot how much I like this beat...

Last edited:
If you haven't had the chance to spin the bill callahan cd, apocalypse, do yourself a favor and load it up on grooveshark. It's really brilliant.

Back