• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

So is there really for real this time a new Pixies album coming out?

Breakfast in bed leads to breakfast and head.

Last edited:
New Beastie boys album streaming on spinner, new man man on stereogum.

Listened to Beasties last week...a lot like The Mix-Up, but solid...the track with Santigold is MONTE.

Also, Townie, what is your impression on the new Lykke Li album? I think having Bjorn producing it is actually a nice touch; much more...cohesive than the last output.

Listened to Beasties last week...a lot like The Mix-Up, but solid...the track with Santigold is MONTE.

Also, Townie, what is your impression on the new Lykke Li album? I think having Bjorn producing it is actually a nice touch; much more...cohesive than the last output.

love it. On my top ten of 2011 list a couple pages back! So many good songs.

Also, may have mentioned this before, but check out Thunder and Lightning. Their cd is streaming on bandcamp, and you can name your price to download it. Reminds me a lot of cold war kids.

Also, may have mentioned this before, but check out Thunder and Lightning. Their cd is streaming on bandcamp, and you can name your price to download it. Reminds me a lot of cold war kids.

Today's the day.

Thunderandlightning.bandcamp.com

If you only have time or energy for one track, its gotta be Isabel. That song is the best.
"It's chaos from Broadway to hollywooooooooooood."

Woot! My girlfriends mom just bought us tix to the exponential festival!

http://www.xpn.org/concerts-events/festival11

Ben Folds
Booker T.
Shemekia Copeland
North Mississippi Allstars Duo
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Hayes Carll
Ra Ra Riot
Susan Werner
Sun Airway
Carbon Leaf
Jukebox the Ghost
Johnny Miles and the Waywards
David Uosikkinen's In The Pocket
Nicos Gun
Hezekiah Jones & Andrew Lipke
Matt Duke
Kuf Knotz
Kingsfoil
Emmylou Harris

Last edited:
DUDE I KNOW! She was just announced like 40 minutes ago. I heard it on XPN on the way home for lunch. I texted the chica, she emailed her mom, and within 5 minutes, we had email confirmations of tix. Here's hoping the venue is anywhere near as sweet as Appel Farm last year.

I have now listened to helplessness blues every morning twice for the past two weeks. I still can't decide if I like it better than their debut, which was my #2 cd of that year after Bon Iver (who, excitingly, has an album coming out later this summer!!!).

I have now listened to helplessness blues every morning twice for the past two weeks. I still can't decide if I like it better than their debut, which was my #2 cd of that year after Bon Iver (who, excitingly, has an album coming out later this summer!!!).

I think it is at least as good as their debut. I might like it more. It is a great album.

Anybody else excited as hell for Tyler the Creator's new album (Goblin) dropping on Tuesday? The future of hip hop, Odd Future. Fuck Taylor Gang, B.o.B., all those mainstream rappers, Wolf Gang all day.

PS: Some people may find this video disturbing.

Here's another one from Goblin, with Tyler the Creator and fellow Odd Future member Hodgy Beats performing Sandwitches on Jimmy Fallon Live. One of the best musical performances I've ever seen on a Late Night talk show.

Back