• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Cool. Thanks for having my back, rj. Say Hey and I were about to get ready to kill and we are like the two most mild-mannered dudes in existence.

I liked Lambchop's latest ok, but I am still getting used to this electronic auto-tune Kurt Wagner, and I'm not sure it will age well with me. I'll always have time for them, though.

more tunes man

at a music festival when i was in college, in between sets we wandered over near a stage and there was a dude walking around with a boombox and another dude kinda timidly walking behind him going "no box music man, no box music"

What are people’s thoughts on full blown, full volume conversations during shows, not related to anything going on with the music or show. Should be penalized by death right?

I remember Jeff Mangum getting real pissed off at crowd noise when he did his solo show in Charlotte a few years back... He stopped playing until people shut up.

Good for him.

If you so much as cough during a Keith Jarrett gig he'll straight up end it and walk out.

There's a great recording of Pete Townshend going off on a crowd, too, I think it may only be on the 30 years of Maximum R&B set, I forget where he heard it.

I mean, there's going to be talking. If there is bleed over from the bar area, a few comments here and there, chatter between tunes if the act isn't into banter...then I can stand it. But full-on, full-voice conversations not even about music, but just as if you were at a regular bar trying to talk over whatever was playing? Fuck that shit, man. I'm there for the tunes.

I thought maybe it was a youngster thing, but it was not age discriminate and I've had it happen way too many times in the last few years. Then again, I was conditioned at an early age not to fidget or make a peep or anything, less I get a knuckled finger dug into my thigh by my mom. That was at the symphony though. I'm probably just traumatized from that.

Anyway.

The absolute worst for me though was years ago when a friend of Say Hey's wife was all hammered on the lawn at Radiohead, and wanted to have a scream-along with Fake Plastic Trees right in my ear.

Last edited:
I remember Jeff Mangum getting real pissed off at crowd noise when he did his solo show in Charlotte a few years back... He stopped playing until people shut up.

Why the fuck would you go to a Mangum performance, the first and only solo tour in decades, just to talk to your friends about some unrelated shit? It is an absolute privilege to go to that show and hundreds of people tried to get tickets but couldn't get in, and some asshole shows up to talk loudly about some irrelevant pointless shit. I'm ok with it a Sugar Ray show, but you can fuck off if you're going to talk at a Mangum performance.

I saw Mangum in Atlanta that year. It was amazing.

Pitchfork is apparently going to post the whole set later today. They did all of TNT at this gig, I think.

Edit - the whole thing. Oh man, this is my zen.

Last edited:
The Story of Lambchop in Seven Albums.

https://daily.bandcamp.com/2019/03/18/lambchop-guide/

lambchop_steve_gullick_1244.jpg

Back