• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I'd be excited to see the Elvis and Blondie double header, but yeah, don't know.

Perhaps a sign I'm getting older, but this is the year I've known the least # of artists at XPN in the 11 years I've been going, so who should I be excited about? http://xpnfest.org/daily-schedule/

Currently am excited to see Japanese Breakfast, St Paul & and the Broken Bones, JS Ondara, Wood Brothers, Caroline Rose, and Lucy Dacus. Anyone else?

I'm a big fan of Y La Bamba's Mujeres album

Lots of things I love about this track; the title, angst, chorus, guitar interplay

]Well I totally don't get the appeal of that purple mountains song because I thought it was a giant meh

I thought this track was pretty meh when I first heard it, but it’s been a grower for me. Nothing jumps out at you musically, but he writes good words and I like the vibe of the record overall — it’s been in my head all day. But I have to be in a mood for Berman and the Joos, too.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Linda Ronstadt...one of the best voices ever and courageous performer.

I spent time under Linda...

I think it's in the constitution that you have to refer to her as "Tucson's own" Linda Ronstadt.

I think there's a documentary of her coming out soon.

I was reminded that last night was the 10th anniversary of perhaps the greatest set of live music I've ever experienced.

Very cool. What did he play? This set was so good. Only like 45 minutes because they were part of a five/six band bill for this night of Mergefest, but shit man. They were on fire.

See him here? What a crowd -- the whole experience was a glimpse into some peaceful vibey alternate reality.

electronics and guitar, per Wikipedia

new group is called Coupler -- never seen him play

Whoa I'm an idiot for not realizing William Tyler was in Lambchop.

electronics and guitar, per Wikipedia

new group is called Coupler -- never seen him play

Well, if you ever see him again, tell him that you e-know someone who was at the XX Merge show and will remember it for all times and to thank him.

This is cool. While reminiscing about the Lambchop show I found this one they did in Germany in 2000, opening for Yo La Tengo. Very similar set up, and a hilariously young William Tyler (probably 19/20, but seems pre-teen) on synth/keys introducing one song with a twangy "They don't usually let me talk."

Back