• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

okay so I know you all probably already assumed this but holy fuck this mitski album is my album of the year, nothing else that comes out matters, shut down music it's over folks

The funny thing is the most purely capitalist band is that group of tripping hippies, The Grateful Dead. The most important person in their success was not Jerry or Phil or Pigpen or Mickey. It was Phil Graham. The rock impresario taught the band how to control their music, concerts, gear, etc. The Dead made more money than almost any other band due to owning everything.

Yo rj, I'm still waiting patiently for the promised compliment via posrep. It's been like two weeks now! I will rescind my acceptance of your apology if you don't comply soon!

Yo rj, I'm still waiting patiently for the promised compliment via posrep. It's been like two weeks now! I will rescind my acceptance of your apology if you don't comply soon!

I had to send two more reps last night to be able to give you one. As I told you, I don't give out much rep...

The funny thing is the most purely capitalist band is that group of tripping hippies, The Grateful Dead. The most important person in their success was not Jerry or Phil or Pigpen or Mickey. It was Phil Graham. The rock impresario taught the band how to control their music, concerts, gear, etc. The Dead made more money than almost any other band due to owning everything.

you mean they wanted control over the profits from their own labor? fucking capitalists, man.

Bill Graham.

And this isn't accurate. The Dead didn't really didn't start really cashing in until their resurgence in the late 80s. Garcia's estate was only $40 million at death.

They retired due to the high cost of touring in 1974.

You are correct about Bill Graham.

But the group has only sold 35 Million records since their beginning. Tax rates were pretty high until 81. Yet, Garcia left $40M? Many of the original members are worth in the $30-50M range.

They really made a ton of money and kept more than other bands.

Last edited:
you mean they wanted control over the profits from their own labor? fucking capitalists, man.

I think it's great they took control of their own financial destinies rather than letting others make millions off of no work.

They were the top grossing concert band from 1988 to 1995. That's where they made most of their money.

You aren't as much of a crybaby as Moonz...that's a compliment...

You are better at grammar than I am...another...

kurt vile riding round phillytown stealing other people's cars and blocking traffic

Shit, really? Seeing her live is what originally convinced me to give Puberty 2 another chance, because she was so good.

Yeah she was in a pissy mood. Off key all night. It was a hot day, so who knows, but it sucked a big one. Free ticket for me, so I didn’t sweat it.

Back