• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Well yeah, that one's great, but it made the final cut :). It's cool to go to that Wolfgang's Vault site and watch the real time video from just one camera out in the audience, complete without the post-concert studio scrubbing/overdubbing (still tasteful of course), but the full Bob Dylan medley (it's abridged in the film) is also one of the greatest things ever.

Poor Rick. This is the most depressing scene. Heartbreaking every time.

Was just listening to Velvet Underground in the shower and like 3 minutes into Heroin, YouTube just starts playing a fucking Best Buy ad. I know that’s what Spotify is for, but wtf? Middle of a song?

Yep. I don’t do a lit of youtube, but notice they’re starting to suck like that. I guess they’re wanting us to subscribe to avoid the highly irritating malpositioned ads. F that.

Van the Man...sometimes simplicity is complex.

Last edited:
Few things I got turned onto this weekend.

The Squire of Somerton:

Cubist Blues (Alan Vega, Alex Chilton, Ben Vaughn):

Montage:

And one other thing.

Euphone - "Broken Ground" from Calendar of Unlucky Days

Was brought back to middle school/early high school last night at trivia with the host playing all bands like Less Than Jake, Bad Religion, Pennywise, NOFX, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, etc between rounds.

Read a piece on Let It Bleed yesterday, which prompted me to throw that thing on this morning. Damn, this shit still slaps.

Charlie Watts on "Monkey Man" is a low key grooving clinic.

Last edited:
Went and saw Phish Saturday and Sunday this last weekend in Charleston. Saturday show was awesome and the Sunday show was okay.

are you going to see em in MSG after the bowl game?

Already have a trip planned to DC. Was actually in NYC last year when they played, but was with the family so I didn't see any of the shows. Would have loved to but it just wasn't in the cards.

Watching the Kennedy Center honors open with Linda Ronstadt brings back so many memories. Her music would create the mood in Reynolda Hall and sometimes on The Quad. She was a fearless performer, had great personal strength, was amazingly beautiful and had damn near the perfect voice.

Without her, there may not have been The Eagles. Glenn Frey was her guitarist. Then, she added Don Henley as her drummer.

I can't think of a person in music history who has not just done, but owned as many styles of music as Linda Ronstadt. She repeatedly defied her record company and "conventional wisdom" to do massively successful albums of standards, country, Mariachi and even Broadway.

At a time when women weren't taken seriously, she didn't open the door. She kicked it the fuck down and set it on fire. She took no prisoners and seemed always be right. She helped countless people live their dreams.

It was a travesty that she wasn't inducted into the R&R HOF until 2014.

One weekend , I went back home to Philly to see Linda Ronstadt play at the legendary Main Point in Bryn Mawr. It held 150-200. You sat on turn of the 20th century school desks, even with holes for ink wells and big enough for two people. We got there early enough to sit in the front row.

About midway through the show, my friends were laughing at me. One pushed my jaw closed and told me to wipe the drool off my chin. If I could 18/19 again and could see the 24/25 yo Linda Ronstadt, I'm sure I'd be drooling again and not at all ashamed to be doing it.

Almost all straight guys of my generation would love to be able say, "I spent a lot of time under Linda Ronstadt."

One of the first people I met in CA was Gov. Pat Brown. Near the end of our first meeting, he handed me his address book (yes they existed) and smiled. He said something like he would never remember my last name and instructed me to put my name in his book under his son's ex-girlfriend's info as he could remember Rick. Well, that ex was Linda Ronstadt.

I don't know how much time I spent under Linda, but I was there. :)

Back