• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

There was discussion of Sebadoh a few weeks back on this thread. The podcast Three Song Podcast did a whole show on Sebadoh, listening to and discussing Sebadoh’s early discography.

https://m.soundcloud.com/3songspod/episode-89-may-9-2019-sebadoh-feature

This podcast is done by Bob Nastanovich of Pavement fame and a guy named Mike Hogan, who ran a record label in the 90’s.

Nice. A new David Berman and new Bill Callahan on the way. And these two just came up on my Spotify Daily Mix thing.

Watching John Prine on Austin City Limit. He's 73 now, but looks a lot older. The good thing is he didn't have a voice to lose. I doubt he ever expected to live this long. Speaking of which...

I still remember how upset he was to find out that The Main Point didn't serve or have any beer. It was worse than seeing mommy kissing Santa Claus.

I think this is the most beautiful song he ever wrote. He and Bonnie have been friends for nearly fifty years.

Prine has started a movement to fund the fight against the Alabama abortion law. Old habits are hard to break for a lot of us.

Been listening to these guys a lot. Not as good as their old stuff, but they still have it:

Justin Townes Earle and Mavis Staples both drop new albums this week - like both of these releases so far!

Ready to feel old? Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix was released 10 years ago, yesterday.

He's an unusual but tasty duo...The Buddha of rock and a really nice lady...

Ready to feel old? Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix was released 10 years ago, yesterday.

I came here to post about this album; was an absolute monster of indie pop-rock in 2009 and really came out of nowhere which had the effect of putting Phoenix on the map. The record club I'm a member of selected to reissue this album in June and I'm pretty pumped. They remastered it from the original tapes and pressed it on colored vinyl.

Back