• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

They are fucking great. I love Bert Jansch. Renbourn can also shred, and they had one of the most underrated rhythm sections in rock history in Terry Cox and Danny Thompson. Their first few albums are brilliant.

Trying to decide if I want to see these guys on Monday. It's only 10 bucks, but I'd have to drive to Raleigh. Hmmmmm...it's like right on the borderline for feeling worth it to me. I might buy a ticket anyway, to show my support for their wiry angular post-whatever.

The ultimate Dead T-shirt is from 1992. They sponsored the Lithuanian Olympic basketball team that featured Hall of Famers Sabonis and Marciulonis. The T-shirt is outrageous and fun.

Chris Stamey's daughter was working at the Music Library semi-recently, which was pretty cool. It was after I left, but I cover there a few times. I'm not a super fan boy or anything, but I like the guy and the dBs, but I did not ask about him.

They played a cut off this to close a Mozart In The Jungle episode I just watched, and it is pretty great. I love Mozart In The Jungle. This whole record is fantastic, and she does a pretty cool version of "Strange Fruit," but go to 15:37 for the MitJ song.

Last edited:
Shaky Knees lineup is p sweet.
shk19-admat-650px-1-6c581974.jpg

I am headed to my first live show in about 5 years tomorrow. Iron and Wine at the Buckhead theater. I saw them play in Columbia Missouri in 2005.

I'd love to see Joss Stone. She hasn't played anywhere near here in a while. Her tours are at a wild range of venues in an eclectic mix of countries.

I saw Rodriguez about 5-6 years ago.

Saw Tyler Childers this past weekend - that dude is killing right now. I love his music. Also, just bought tickets to see the Wood Brothers again - those guys are also awesome.

In terms of new music, Anderson Paak's new album is pretty interesting and I'm really digging the Chris Cornell retrospective that was just released.

I posted in the chat thread, but I saw Richard Thompson in Boston on Wednesday and it was awesome. I get to see him in NC in a couple of weeks, and it’ll probably be the same set, but I’m still stoked.

I am headed to my first live show in about 5 years tomorrow. Iron and Wine at the Buckhead theater. I saw them play in Columbia Missouri in 2005.

I have several mutual friends with one of the groups opening on the tour, Ohmme.

I have several mutual friends with one of the groups opening on the tour, Ohmme.

We missed the opener, traffic on the way from Alabama was bad. I heard they were good though. Iron and Wine was great! Ran into an old Wake friend there who I haven’t seen in about 9 years.

Back