• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Caught John Moreland and Deer Tick at tuckfest last night. Fantastic show.

Anybody participate in RSD on Saturday?

I picked up:
Dylan & Dead
Thelonious Monk "MONK"
Ornette Coleman "An Evening with Ornette Coleman Pt. 2"

Non-RSD releases:
Chuck Berry
Lester Young
CSNY "Deja Vu"

Anybody participate in RSD on Saturday?

I picked up:
Dylan & Dead
Thelonious Monk "MONK"
Ornette Coleman "An Evening with Ornette Coleman Pt. 2"

Non-RSD releases:
Chuck Berry
Lester Young
CSNY "Deja Vu"

I took my 5 yo which was fun, but he got a used Batman or Superman soundtrack and then I didn’t have much time to browse RSD titles. I didn’t see any must owns, so just opted to save money for other new releases coming.

Went to the second reunion show of the Dirty Guv’nahs last night in Knoxville. What killer show and unreal live performance. Hate that they don’t play anymore but if they ever do more shows, I’d recommend catching it. They’ve got one tomorrow at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta & then two shows in September at Moonriver Music Fest.

has this thread ever talked krautrock? I'm pretty basic at Kraftwerk, Can, and a Popol Vuh album or two. Any recs?

I asked my brother who is more into it than me. His recs were Gila, Ash Ra Tempel, Cluster, and Tangerine Dream.

Ah fuck, lead singer from Frightened Rabbit is missing. That sucks.

Is there another [something] Rabbit band? I feel like I get them confused. Hope that dude is ok, but yeah, I'd be surprised.

I'm thinking of White Rabbits. Saw them with The Walkmen and Spoon in 2008. It came to me.

White Rabbits is the band with 2 drummers.

Frightened Rabbit put out "The Midnight Organ Fight," which is a pretty great album from start to finish.

White Rabbits may be a band with two drummers, but it is not the band with two drummers, I say as I listen to the Dead and remember our Brothers from Georgia.

Seen a lot of hype for this record on the twitter today. Mary Lattimore. NPR has the preview.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/10/609160722/first-listen-mary-lattimore-hundreds-of-days

mary_lattimore-press_1-photo_credit-rachael_pony_cassells_wide-24352ea2ec84a91dae0261a3be323269944fb1bf-s800-c85.jpg

Back