• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Damn. One of the closest things to Bowie there was but also his own beast. His lyrics could fuck me up like no other. RIP.

i saw seu jorge on the tour he did of bowie covers/life aquatic tribute and he played 30th century man that night and said in his amazing english "this is not bowie but in a different way this is bowie"

I liked Lambchop's latest ok, but I am still getting used to this electronic auto-tune Kurt Wagner, and I'm not sure it will age well with me. I'll always have time for them, though.

About a week and a half ago I sat next to Kurt Wagner at a bar here in Carrboro. Good dude.

About a week and a half ago I sat next to Kurt Wagner at a bar here in Carrboro. Good dude.

Whhhaaaaa??? Dang, I need to get out more. Yeah, I love him/them. Put on the new one yesterday -- just the first couple -- and it sounded good. Just not sure how it will grow with me. But that dude has earned whatever he needs to try whatever he wants.

He’s touring this summer - I’m going to see him in Carrboro in July, I think.

He’s touring this summer - I’m going to see him in Carrboro in July, I think.

I am due to be in the UK when he comes to ATL and to Birmingham, so I might be SOL. I saw him in Athens GA three or 4 years ago though. It was great. Here is one of my Favorite Bill Callahan songs:

RIYL artists we've just been talking about: david thomas broughton, especially this album, the complete guide to insufficiency

this was all recorded in a single take live in a church in leeds

lots of very cool imperfection and weird

In a different direction, an album and band that don't get enough love compared to Slint or Fugazi:

I'm sure I've mentioned this, but the guy who produced Slint's Spiderland (and engineered/worked on Odelay and worked on a bunch of other records with famous people) works in the library here. Nice guy.

I'm sure I've mentioned this, but the guy who produced Slint's Spiderland (and engineered/worked on Odelay and worked on a bunch of other records with famous people) works in the library here. Nice guy.

wait, for real? that's fucking incredible. i would flip to meet that dude.

I'll have to check this out. I don't really know them, but heard a couple of tunes off the last one and really liked the drumming.

Dude is a phd here at boulder. So is dude from lotus. Lots of doctoral music talent out a mile hi.

wait, for real? that's fucking incredible. i would flip to meet that dude.

Yeah, I had seen him around for a few years (we worked in the same building for a while, but not same department), but one day a friend of mine was all "did you know that guy worked on Odelay?" So I looked him up and he worked on a BUNCH of stuff. But produced Spiderland, which I know is a boards fave. He's a nice guy, I've casually chatted with him just a couple of times, and we are on firm head nod and "hi, man" basis, but I have never talked to him about the shit. He's a Preservation Audio Engineer and works in a cool little room/lab where they have, like, old functioning wax cylinder phonographs and shit, as well as all the new hi-tech stuff.

https://indyweek.com/news/archives/brian-paulson/

Last edited:
Back