• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Oh yeah man, this is how you start off a weekend. With a little mind scrambler.

Seeing these guys wednesday night

May be best North American band out there right now.

Last edited:
Lately I've been listening to a lot of Kiwi Rock and recently came across a new band called The Adults. Kick ass 'driving in the car' type song!

Australian band called 'Eddy Current Suppression Ring'. For fans of punk/garage.

I am sure most of you have at least heard of Janelle Monae. I can't say that I really sit around and listen to her studio stuff, but she puts on a great live show.

Incredible performance from the Gladstonbury (giant limey music fest) last wknd:

I think I asked this on the CT last week, but it was during late night gibberish time so didn't get a great response. I'm a huge fan of Frightened Rabbit and The National, but I really need to add some new tunes to my library...can anybody recommend some similarly awesome sounding bands that I should check out?

Not that familiar with Frightened Rabbit. Love every The National record I have other than the first one. Have gotten more airplay from me than any other artist over the last year. Here are some albums I have purchased in the last couple of months that I like:
Givers--In Light
My Morning Jacket--Circuital
REM--Collapse Into Now
Bon Iver
Fleet Foxes
Ben Harper--Give Til It's Gone

Yesterday, bought Rave On Buddy Holly mp3 for $3.99 on Amazon. Still at that price. Covers by The Black Keys, Paul McCartney, Julian Casablancas, My Morning Jacket, Modest Mouse, Lou Reed, Fiona Apple, Florence & the Machine, Cee Lo, She & Him, etc. Very good.

Just listened to the Yuck album on Spinner. Like it a lot. Need to listen again when I can crank it up. Has a Dinosaur Jr. feel.

I know none of these bands sound like The National, but somebody needed to reply to you. :)

Also, check out Townie's top 50 songs so far in 2011 and his Mixtape series. Good stuff on both.

Something that probably only I would like: Eddie Vedder-Ukulele Songs

Wilco is playing Raleigh Amph on Set. 27, which is the same day their new album "The Whole Love" is released.

Going to see Centro-Matic in NYC tonight. I hope one or two of you saw them on there way up the coast last week and this one.

Archers of Loaf were on Jimmy Fallon last Friday performing Wrong. Good to see these guys again. LOVED Icky Mettle in college. Also played Harnessed in Slums as a web exclusive. The lead singer looks like a badass giant now, where he had a nerdy/dorky look 20 years ago. Bass player looks the same .

Harnessed in Slums: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/archers-of-loaf-62411/1337104/

So mad that I missed them when they came through Dallas a few weeks ago.

Justin Timberlake just bought a major stake in MySpace. He says he's going to take it away from pure social media and turn it into a music first site.

Back