• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

gonna insist y'all listen to this dark star > el paso > dark star from Eugene last summer dead and co just released: https://open.spotify.com/album/7l73HYnsPwo6MfqtLSPNvj

there are echoes of the great 8/27/72 and that all-timer dark star > el paso

that 72 show: https://archive.org/details/gd72-08-27.sbd.orf.3328.sbeok.shnf/gd1972-08-27d1t07-orf.shn

also has a fucking killer china cat

I think El Paso is one of my least favorite songs the Dead does. idk it's a decent song on its own but always seems to bring the concert to a standstill.

Bobby, I had a dream, maybe you can explain it. This old grey grizzly bear looking fella comes to me and he says, he says... "yeah?" Shaq leans in.

shaqbobby-1200x631.jpg

"Dark star crashes, pouring its light into ashes
Reason tatters, the forces tear loose from the axis
Searchlight casting for faults in the clouds of delusion
Shall we go, you and I while we can
Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?"

Friend's band's new cut.

Really liked their record from a couple of years ago, too. Couldn't get this one out of my head for a bit.

I think El Paso is one of my least favorite songs the Dead does. idk it's a decent song on its own but always seems to bring the concert to a standstill.

I saw the GD with Jerry 91 times and only saw El Paso twice.

Are they sampling Whole Truth there?

Eh, maybe not, but the organ reminded me of it.

Fairport Convention, Full House lineup. Hot little set.

Last edited:
DJ buddy of mine posted this, so it is probably a banger and will be showing up in da club if it hasn't already. I don't know, it sounds aight.

But this guy was on DaBaby before anyone else I knew (not saying much), so he's on to things.

I think the other thing he turned me on to was Reef da lost Cauze.

My buddy's DJ partner produced three cuts from this (1, 9, 12). I like Reef.

Last edited:
Saw Chris Thile (thee-lee - who knew?) last night - a solo show. I have known of him forever, but only heard bits and pieces of the Nickel Creek and Punch Bros stuff, and just a bit of the radio show.

Not easy to hold down an auditorium audience with just yourself and a mandolin, but this guy has personality and chops. It wasn't my favorite or anything, and I think it would have helped to have been a fanboy/girl (there were plenty of those), but the guy can pick it, that's for sure. I would have liked to have heard him just do an all-Bach program, but he mixed it up -- did a couple of old time traditional tunes, a Josh Ritter song, a Radiohead song, mixed in a couple of Bach things, couple of Nickel Creek things, couple of things he's written for Live From Here. Anyway, decent time.

Clip of Jenny Lewis singing "Dirty Work" with Steely Dan last night. Boner.

RIP Paul Barrere of Little Feat. Hell of a musician, they all were/are in Little Feat, but Paul’s off to hang with Lowell and Richie in some other timeline now, I guess.

Back