• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

America's new workplace demographics

Old people vote.

I am a Gen Xer so my cost to benefit ratio certainly isn't going to be as good as the GG or even the boomers. Such is life.

Last edited:
And their Boomer kids got greedy and fucked it up for all of us.

Some, but alot of it was poor demographics and the maturation of the world's economy too.

Maturation of the world economy? That's not what caused the recession, sorry.

All of the bubbles have been indirectly from the maturation of the world's economy as it has manifested itself in outsourcing and automation. We have recovered from the recession except its been a jobless recovery.

That's like blaming the Great Depression on the Industrial Revolution.

So you're saying the Great Depression would have happened without the Industrial Revolution?

In a globalized economy, everything is indirectly related to everything, but the biggest problem with the American economy isn't as sophisticated compared to other economies as it used to be.

so what? the babyboomers took over the economy in a huge way and directly influenced it with their behaviors and policies, not to mention lifespans.

so what? the babyboomers took over the economy in a huge way and directly influenced it with their behaviors and policies, not to mention lifespans.

OK....I was just addressing chris and bdz's exchange in a vacuum, also, i said "the biggest problem", probably should've said "one of the biggest problems"

The graph is somewhat misleading. Many of the jobs for the older crowd are much lower paying than what they had earlier in life. Those aren't career-track jobs. But instead of hitting the road in a post-retirement Winnebago, they downsize the house and get a job at Home Depot or Wal-Mart. They're not worried about the wage or insurance since that is "mostly" covered from what they do have.

Back