• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

America's new workplace demographics

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
http://www.economist.com/node/21610...sworkforce?fsrc=scn/tw/te/dc/americasworforce

I would embed the graphs but they're interactive. Check out the link, it's great visualization. I love The Economist.

American businesses added 209,000 jobs in July marking the sixth straight month of job growth above 200,000. But the favourable employment figures belie concerns about the economic recovery, from declining labour-force participation and anaemic wage growth, to high rates of long-term unemployment. This “action chart” highlights one troubling aspect of the economic climate: the lack of job growth among prime-age workers aged 25 to 54.

Thanks a lot, older people.

Can we just cut the bullshit and skip right to the discussion about two-parent households?

let's face it, baby boomers are the most selfish cohort probably ever

let's face it, baby boomers are the most selfish cohort probably ever

They're never going to retire and they're going to bust Social Security, all while leaving their children and grandchildren 20 trillion dollars in debt.

I'm still waiting on my promised death panels.

Last edited:
Not to mention they fucked all their kids by putting a gun to the head of the economy and pulling the trigger right as all their kids were entering the workforce. Great jerb, Boomers.

oh, and who fucked up the two parent households? the asshole boomers who thought it would be cool to make divorce a regular occurance.

Thanks, Kramer vs Kramer

oh, and who fucked up the two parent households? the asshole boomers who thought it would be cool to make divorce a regular occurance.

Thanks, Kramer vs Kramer

THIS IS WHAT WRANGOR IS TALKING ABOUT. NEVER FAILS.

greatest generation really putting their reputation at stake by birthing the worst generation

auto-9gag-1205425.jpeg

Meh, alot of it is just demographics and timing. Greatest generation had war and an open slate economic forecast where everybody would buy our crap regardless. The boomers have had to deal with the rest of the world catching up.

Meh, alot of it is just demographics and timing. Greatest generation had war and an open slate economic forecast where everybody would buy our crap regardless. The boomers have had to deal with the rest of the world catching up.
or not deal

Yeah, I wish the Boomers had better timing with their greedy bullshit that sent the economy into paralysis.

lol, catch up!

Problems with social security and medicare are due to paying out the greatest generation alot more than they put into the system.

Problems with social security and medicare are due to paying out the greatest generation alot more than they put into the system.

And who was at the helm when all that shit came home to roost? (Medicare Part D, for instance. Fantastic idea.) I'll wait.

Back