• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 Ryder Cup Thread

the sweaters the Americans are wearing with the ryder cup trophy look terrible.

Leave it to TWC to go out at my house last night in the 4th quarter of the NFL game. Lost cable and Internet. Woke up every hour to check it after 4am, still not back.

Jimmy Walker has completely carried Fowler around the course today. Fowler has only cut Walker 4 holes and hasn't cut him a hole on the back nine.

I do enjoy waking up to seeing Poulter getting his ass kicked

This. Way to leave that last putt 4" short, Ian. Despise that guy. Way to go Reed and Spieth. Encouraging watching the rookies, including Jimmy, playing well. Too bad Kirk isn't there over Webb.

This. Way to leave that last putt 4" short, Ian. Despise that guy. Way to go Reed and Spieth. Encouraging watching the rookies, including Jimmy, playing well. Too bad Kirk isn't there over Webb.

Can't blame it all on Webb. Watson didn't make a single birdie either.

I may be in the minority, but I really like Poulter.

I've really got no problem with him. He's worked his way up from nothing.

I do like seeing him finally take a beating in the Ryder Cup.

So you've got 3 US teams playing really well in the morning, and you have to sit one of them. Which one? I think you absolutely have to send Spieth and Reed out this afternoon. That means one of the Walker/Fowler and Bradley/Mickelson groups needs to sit. Of those 2 teams, Fowler is the only player who hasn't played really well today, but it would be a shame to pull Walker off the course right now.

Foursome pairings:

Donaldson/Westwood vs Furyk/Kuchar
Rose/Stenson vs Mahan/Johnson
McIlroy/Garcia vs Fowler/Walker
Dubuisson/McDowell vs Mickelson/Bradley

All I can think is that since they're RC rookies, Watson may want to preserve their mindset and rest them in the event he needs an ace in the hole. Not saying I agree, just trying to guess TW's motivations.

All I can think is that since they're RC rookies, Watson may want to preserve their mindset and rest them in the event he needs an ace in the hole. Not saying I agree, just trying to guess TW's motivations.

I think his motivation is that he made up his mind yesterday and doesn't want to deviate from his plan. You have to ride hot pairings, and Fowler really doesn't deserve to be on the course ahead of Reed or Spieth right now. That said, Walker doesn't deserve to sit behind anyone right now. He's been lights out today.

Utterly agree. The RC can get out of hand quickly. And when someone's in the zone, you don't "preserve" it by benching them.

Back