• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 Ryder Cup Thread

I was chosen in the lottery for the option to buy week long passes. Anyone have any experience with Ryder Cup tickets? Looks like I can get a Tuesday-Sunday book for 550.00. Anyone have a guess on the resale value of Ryder Cup tickets? I will probably fly out there Saturday/Sunday so I'm wondering how much I can get for the other days.

Had 4 to Friday's matches at Valhalla in 2008, and easily sold the extra 2 to cover the price of all 4. I would imagine the resale value of Friday/Saturday/Sunday is pretty good, not sure about the practice round days, however.

I was chosen in the lottery for the option to buy week long passes. Anyone have any experience with Ryder Cup tickets? Looks like I can get a Tuesday-Sunday book for 550.00. Anyone have a guess on the resale value of Ryder Cup tickets? I will probably fly out there Saturday/Sunday so I'm wondering how much I can get for the other days.

Put it on Stub Hub for the next few weeks. People love to buy tickets to stuff like that for the holidays.

The Friday ticket should easily fetch a few hundred, and probably 50-60 for each practice round. I went for Friday-Sunday at Valhalla and had a blast.

You'll pay 300+/night for a hotel room, so hopefully you can find some people to travel with to split up the lodging costs.

Can I put them on StubHub if I don't have the tickets in hand yet?

Can I put them on StubHub if I don't have the tickets in hand yet?

Yes, you usually just have to estimate when you will have the tickets in hand. I think they arrived about 4 weeks prior to the competition last time I went.

Yes, you usually just have to estimate when you will have the tickets in hand. I think they arrived about 4 weeks prior to the competition last time I went.

Thanks, my official window to buy is Dec. 9-11, so i'll post them once I receive confirmation.

Back