• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 Ryder Cup Thread

Forgot about Mahan as a possibility. Was #25 in the standings and has had a pretty mediocre year, but was T15 at Firestone and T7 at the PGA. Shot a 66 this morning.

Kuchar is playing with Furyk and Garcia today. Nice pairing there.

Last edited:
Moore, Webb and English are all going to miss the cut. Sneds probably will too. Ugh. Good news: Kuchar is playing well and is -4 thru 36. Brandon Todd also making a strong case for a pick as he is -7 thru 36 (currently tied for 1st). God, I hate the "new" PGA Tour website.

Another Webb MC after playing so well last week is all too typical of his year and why he doesn't deserve a pick, unfortunately.

Definitely disappointing effort from Webb. PGA Tour website must have been modeled after SI.com which is equally awful.

Yeesh. Snedeker drops his ball on the green accidentally, it hits his coin and he has to take a 1 stroke penalty. He's going to miss the cut by 1.

Jimmy Walker falling apart isn't a great sign either.

Forgot about Mahan as a possibility. Was #25 in the standings and has had a pretty mediocre year, but was T15 at Firestone and T7 at the PGA. Shot a 66 this morning.

Kuchar is playing with Furyk and Garcia today. Nice pairing there.

Meh. He probably needed to make that to extend the match. Still 3-2-3 as a Ryder Cup player. Beat Rory in '12 to win Accenture and lost to Kuchar in '13 finals.

He's a solid professional. I just can't help but recall his famous chip when his name comes up with the Ryder cup.

I guess I better start warming up to the idea of Mahan on the Ryder Cup team. Solid showing today

Goodness he tried to shit the bed on 18.

Yet another final round blown lead for Furyk.

Not the touching Hallmark moment CBS was looking for with the wife and baby surprising him. Ushered them off the green and basically blew off his wife. Of course the tournament was still going on and Day still had a shot at a playoff.

Not the touching Hallmark moment CBS was looking for with the wife and baby surprising him. Ushered them off the green and basically blew off his wife. Of course the tournament was still going on and Day still had a shot at a playoff.

That was the right thing to do. Get off the green and let the group behind you play up. Celebrate when it's over.

as he pointed out jason day still had a chance to hole out and tie.

Not a big Mahan fan. Great ball striker when he's in form, but a streaky putter at best (a good day today) and a bad chipper. I like Sneds better because of his putter.

Not Ryder Cup related, but Kyle Reifers is playing for a PGA Tour card on TGC right now. Web.com final regular season event. He is currently #26 thru 13 holes. Started day #23, but is +4 for the day -6 overall. He has been Top 25 all year other than this week.

Not Ryder Cup related, but Kyle Reifers is playing for a PGA Tour card on TGC right now. Web.com final regular season event. He is currently #26 thru 13 holes. Started day #23, but is +4 for the day -6 overall. He has been Top 25 all year other than this week.

I think he was 27 going in and his play this week bumped him up 2 spots. Looks like he is in at 25.

He was 27 starting the week, but 23 starting the day. Birdied the 71st hole to get in by $1500. Got a very fortunate bounce out of the trees with his 2nd shot on 18. Felt like Q-school. Glad to have a 3rd Deacon on Tour next year.

McDowell skipping next week for birth of 1st child. He is 40th so he will play at BMW. Paul Casey played his way into the top 100 today, but his wife is scheduled to give birth the day of the final round, so he is skipping and his PGA season is over. <bkf> Selfish. Stealing #101's spot. <bkf>

Back