Thread: F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    You obviously don't live in a rural area.

How many posters own guns? And how many?

I don't really like guns, don't hunt, and I still have 4. A couple pistols that were left to me, a bolt action Ruger 308 that I use for coyotes, and a Remington 870 tack shotgun that my wife thinks will protect us in the insignificant chance of a home invasion. I'd be very, very glad to get rid of all of them if it meant that guns were harder to access in our country.
    Yes, we are surrounded by guns here in rural Florida. Every day one or more of my neighbors has target practice in their backyards. In June the house down the street from me had an AR-15 party, several friends came over and the shot machine guns all afternoon.

I have zero guns, 1) because my daughter has bipolar and self harm is too great a risk, 2) I will never catch up to my neighbors so my only hope is to remain friendly and hope that they don't come kill us and take our land when society collapses.
    Birds are real.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    We need more gun accountability. You should need to show your skills and accountability to earn the right to own a gun and be held accountable for the guns you own. Thatís how we get from a gun nut culture to a gun owner culture.
    nah

we need to get rid of a lot of guns, especially handguns, semi- and fully-automatic weapons, and all other military-grade weapons for both police and the general population

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Oh no doubt about that. Once we get down to the reasonable guns random schmoes should be able to have, then we focus on accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    The thing is that we don't have to repeal the 2nd amendment, we can just roll it back to its original intention and allow anyone to own non-automatic weapons. Because that's all they had back in the 1780's.

Or we could get super constructionist and force anybody who owns a weapon to be a member of a "well regulated militia". Meaning you have to report to state militia meeting every month or two, take gun safety classes, and be screened for mental health. If you refuse to join the "well regulated militia" then you lose the right to bear arms.
    All in on this. Give everyone in Ďmerica a musket óthereís your arms ó and tell them to stfu. Seems highly unlikely to me that the founders could even begin to imagine a world where an individual would own weapons that could mow down the continental army.

Police arrest 24, including Kentucky State Rep. Attica Scott, during Louisville protests Thursday

Scott and her daughter, Ashanti, were charged with first-degree rioting, a Class D felony, failure to disperse and unlawful assembly, according to LMPD.

LMPD is accusing Scott of being part of a group that caused damage at multiple locations, including setting fire to the main library branch. A WDRB News crew covering the protest saw one individual smash a library window and throw a flare inside the building. Protesters walking nearby condemned the individual's actions.
    Shameka Parrish-Wright, co-chair of the Kentucky Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression, was arrested alongside Scott, according to her attorney, Ted Shouse, who told WDRB News that "it appears LMPD is targeting protest organizers."

Parrish-Wright, the operations manager of The Bail Project Louisville, also faces charges of first-degree rioting, failure to disperse and unlawful assembly, according to LMPD.

"This arrest and these charges are outrageous," Shouse said in a statement. "Shameka Parrish-Wright is a pillar of this community. She was arrested alongside a sitting member of our legislature for exercising her First Amendment rights."

Protesters gathered on church property after the church's pastor, the Rev. Lori Kyle, said church officials "advertised" it as a safe space to demonstrators during the city's 9 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. curfew, which Mayor Greg Fischer extended through Monday morning.
    Scott's Breonna's Law is named for Taylor, a Black woman who was shot and killed by LMPD officers who were serving a search warrant at her apartment on March 13 as part of a narcotics investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Just a few bad apples setting largely peaceful fires

I guess we should have riot reform?
    Letís get this done!

Dickie Hemric
    Yeah. The second amendment is an anachronism that we should apply only to weapons of the type when it was drafted.

Otherwise, sensibly regulate guns.

Please.

Almost everyone can see the sense in this.

Except those wicked enough to dishonestly and destructively use the issue in their grasping for political power and those duped by these conniving bastards.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Graphic body camera video shows police firing nearly a dozen shots, injuring 13-year-old boy with autism

Earlier in September, Barton had called 911 earlier saying her son was having a mental breakdown and she needed help getting him to the hospital. She asked for a crisis intervention officer to come to the scene.

"My son has severe, severe, uh ó he does not like cops at all, and so that's why we need a mental health worker," her 911 audio says.

Four police officers arrived on the scene. Barton warned them her son feared police because sheriff's deputies shot and killed her father in January.
    Police chased a kid they had been told was afraid of police, and shot him 11 times.

Dickie Hemric
    Thatís awful.

And nuts.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Angus and sailor beam with pride

No real surprise Iím sure but I have no guns and have never shot a gun. Never felt like I needed a gun, donít ever plan on owning one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    No real surprise Iím sure but I have no guns and have never shot a gun. Never felt like I needed a gun, donít ever plan on owning one.
    Youíre too far away to come hide in my basement when the Civil War comes, numbers. Iíll tell the tales of your mafia ineptitude to my childrenís children. Your name will live on.

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

The big difference between the parties is clear.

These people disagree with us. What should we do?

Democrats: Vote
    Republicans: Kill them

You may think Iím going too far but look at the rhetoric coming from the right against protesters. Thereís no such thing as peaceful protest. Everything is a riot that should be met with swift violence. Thereís no such thing as unjustified police violence or gun violence in general. Even I didnít think theyíd stoop so low as to celebrate a mass shooter. But thatís how low they are right now. Thereís no redemption for this.

Thatís why people on the left who are criticizing voting are so off base. No level of organizing will sway these people. They hate us. We have to marginalize them by voting en mass to elect people who will right the system. And even you donít think the Democrat will right the system, so what? We do know the Republican wonít.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 09-25-2020 at 09:01 PM.

This all feels very Purge-like.

Its not too far. In order to vote the gop wants a citizen to have valid ID, secrecy envelope inside another envelope, witness, perfect signature, no mistakes filling out the ballot. Aquire a gun? Nothing? Break the law, acquire and carry a gun across state lines, kill people? Why, help with legal defense and a great big attaboy.

Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    This all feels very Purge-like.
    I saw a video with a side by side comparison of a Trump ad with The Purge: Election Day trailer. Iíll find it.

Are you thinking of the Crooked series?

Comparison at ~13:30, whole ad and discussion at ~10:50

Yep. That's it. Good series by the way. Good guests and good analysis. I love Alex Wagner. Smart, gives few fucks, smoking hot.

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Iíve shot a lot of guns in my life, and theyíre very fun. I donít support abolishing gun ownership, I just want to regulate the absolute shit out of it so that people donít have arsenals of weapons, and so that weapons and ammunition are registered. A major problem with additional regulation is that you have to consider that laws arenít applied equally to poors and minorities as white and wealthy gun owners. Inequitable and racist enforcement has to be considered in gun control
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 09-25-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    Draxx them sklounst