Page 14 of 1037 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924641145141014 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 20738

Thread: F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

  1. #261
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    102,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Are you making the claim that people were generally sympathetic to the civil rights movement before dogs and hoses were turned on nonviolent protestors?
    I'm saying someone who was generally sympathetic wouldn't have become unsympathetic because there were a few people looting an another part of town while others were nonviolently protesting while dogs and hoses were turned on them.

  2. #262
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    66,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    How do you know the officer didn't realize he was the robbery suspect once he was stopped?
    Because the Police Chief told a gaggle of national reporters this wasn't so many days after the event. The Chief of police didn't say this once. He said it at least four times while I was watching. Then at another press gathering, he reiterated this point multiple.

    Of all the things the Chief could say, definitively saying over and over to the national press, that the the first stop nor the return stop had ANYTHING to do with the robbery is very strong proof that it didn't.

    The Chief could have said "I'm not sure" or "Officer Wilson could have been acting about the robbery" or "the office might have heard about the robbery." He didn't.

    You can invent this as an excuse to justify shooting Brown or giving the cop cover, but his boss didn't.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    What's the point in bringing up that the cop who stopped two kids for jaywalking (how many white kids do you think that cop stopped for jaywalking?). Then the cop wasn't done. He backed up to mess with them a second time ABOUT JAYWALKING. The Chief of Police told a group of national reporters the stop was about jaywalking.

    To bring up anything is to muddy the waters of the situation. Whether you think you are or not, you are putting blame on the victim.

    This entire mess was about JAYWALKING...not ONE but TWO stops about JAYWALKING.
    So cops should ignore people walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic?

  4. #264
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    66,989
    So now you are dancing away from justifying the shooting to discussing the outrage of the community. You tried to create a strawman excuse for the cop now you blame the people of Ferguson.

    The police attacked innocent reporters with tear gas several blocks away from the protests. The police arrested a Washington Post reporter having a burger and recharging his cellphone at a McDonald's.

    The head of the MO State Police, the Governor and many others blame the overt use of force and militarization by the Ferguson PD as the root cause of the big problems

    Your last barb is an overtly partisan, moronic statement.

  5. #265
    Blocking traffic? It was a neighborhood road.

    If anything blocked traffic it was the dead body in the road for hours.

  6. #266
    Seems that the facts are in dispute honestly.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    So now you are dancing away from justifying the shooting to discussing the outrage of the community. You tried to create a strawman excuse for the cop now you blame the people of Ferguson.

    The police attacked innocent reporters with tear gas several blocks away from the protests. The police arrested a Washington Post reporter having a burger and recharging his cellphone at a McDonald's.

    The head of the MO State Police, the Governor and many others blame the overt use of force and militarization by the Ferguson PD as the root cause of the big problems

    Your last barb is an overtly partisan, moronic statement.
    this bugs me the most. the mcdonalds was being closed down for public safety concerns. cops asked people to leave multiple times. these reporters etc that were arrested were being dicks about it, not leaving, and second a cop laid their hands on them they squawk like a high school teenager. they couldnt get their faces/sob stories on msnbc fast enough, makes me sick

  8. #268
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    66,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    Ok, so you are basing your conclusion on conjecture. I've read articles saying that the initial stop was because they were walking down the middle of the street, by that time, the robbery had been broadcast on police scanners, and Wilson became aware during the confrontation that he was likely dealing with the robber.
    WRONG! Not conjecture, the statements of the person who know MORE about the situation than anyone. The Chief of Police CATEGORICALLY STATED it had NOTHING to do with the robbery.

    The only conjecture here your determination to find any excuse to absolve the cop from gunning down an unarmed teen.

  9. #269
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    66,989
    Quote Originally Posted by towelie99 View Post
    this bugs me the most. the mcdonalds was being closed down for public safety concerns. cops asked people to leave multiple times. these reporters etc that were arrested were being dicks about it, not leaving, and second a cop laid their hands on them they squawk like a high school teenager. they couldnt get their faces/sob stories on msnbc fast enough, makes me sick
    Actually it was CNN and ABC that reported the WAPOST arrest first but don't let facts get in your way.

  10. #270
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    66,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    I don't know if this is directed at me, but, as you may or may not be aware, message board threads usually have several lines of conversation going. I'm responding to various posts, not just yours.

    Also, I'm not saying the cop was justified. I'm just trying to gather all of the facts before arriving at a conclusion. I know that's a foreign concept to you, but I find it useful in the reasoning process.

    The militarization was a response to the rioting, not its cause. Blaming the militarization for the rioting would be like blaming Israel's recent incursion into Gaza for Hamas' firing rockets into Israel.
    What's foreign to you is that you want to take any excuse to blame everyone but the person who caused the situation.

  11. #271
    So the police were trying to keep video from getting out, wouldn't let satellites in to report live, and then just happened to need to close down the McDonalds that reporters were using as their home base of operations for "public safety concerns"?

    ... OK. Not sure why they had to be arrested instead of escorted out, though.

    Seriously I don't understand why anyone is giving the Ferguson police any benefit of the doubt here, they've been total clown shoes.

  12. #272
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    66,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    "Chief Tom Jackson had told reporters Friday afternoon that Wilson stopped Brown and his friend, Dorian Johnson, because the pair were walking down the street and blocking traffic, but did not know Brown was identified as a suspect in the robbery in which a box of cigars was stolen.

    Jackson has since told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Wilson saw cigars in Brown’s hand and realized Brown might be the suspect."

    http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/s...ZEGwyQdK602OcQ
    It's not suspicious to you that AFTER he made definitive statements that he changed them to help his employee? This should have been stated the first or second or third or even fifth time he was asked.

    That this was said much later is very telling. Especially when added to all the other actions by the Chief.
    Last edited by RJKarl; 08-17-2014 at 12:34 PM.

  13. #273
    I always enjoy watching RJ "RJ" himself.

  14. #274
    I don't give a shit if the kid was carrying a caseload of black n milds, he didn't deserve to die.

  15. #275
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    66,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    Look, you lost the battle. It's okay.

    But this isn't your best play. Your best play is to say "okay, this gives context as to why there may have been an altercation, but it doesn't change the fact that Wilson shot Brown outside the car with his hands up."

    If you'd said that, you'd likely be correct. But that would require a level of independent thinking you've demonstrated you're not capable of.
    The reality is I didn't lose. The Chief changed his story after getting busted for telling a story that conflicts with his most recent story. He had 5-6 days to come up with the first story.

    There you go again with personal insults and trying to start fights. What a big, tough internet warrior you must be!

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangor View Post
    I sympathize with the protestors. Just wish they would learn from MLK. There is a real opportunity here to impact the country and they are going to miss it because they don't have someone mature enough to lead and help the protestors express themselves in a non destructive manner. Imagine the true impact of a fierce, unbreakable non violent protest right now.

    THAT would get the worlds attention.
    "I think that we've got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard." - MLK

  17. #277
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    102,140
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    "I think that we've got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard." - MLK
    Militarization was a response to a "riot"just like murder was a response to jaywalking.

  18. #278
    -------------------------
    DeaconSlim2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    RoCo
    Posts
    9,593
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    The reality is I didn't lose. The Chief changed his story after getting busted for telling a story that conflicts with his most recent story. He had 5-6 days to come up with the first story.

    There you go again with personal insults and trying to start fights. What a big, tough internet warrior you must be!
    Did he really change the story? Or were all the previous questions "Were they stopped as suspects of the robbery?" which he responded "No."

    Did anyone ever ask previously if the cop may have realized they were suspects through the course of the stop?

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Militarization was a response to a "riot"just like murder was a response to jaywalking.
    Why is riots in quotes?

  20. #280

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •