Page 15 of 1337 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025651155151015 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 26731

Thread: F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmd2000 View Post
    I need a decoder ring to determine which shootings spark outrage. When does Rev Al touch down in Chicago?
    JHMD: Black civilians murdering black civilians is equivalent to white cops murdering black civilians. Black people are hypocrits for getting more upset over the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    You should keep a look out for violent acts and murders committed by public servants. People who are entrusted, even paid, to protect the public are naturally more scrutinized than ordinary citizens.
    MDMH: Cops (often white) are entrusted by the community to protect black civilians, so their crimes are more egregious and noteworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmd2000 View Post
    Unless the President droning American citizens without due process. Yes we can, or something.
    JHMD: Obama -the black president, uses drones for military purposes and kills foreign citzens in military operations. This is equivalent to white cops killing black american civilians. Black people are hypocrits for getting more upset about one than the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    I'm not sure which cliche to use for that rebuttal: "moving the goal post", "dodging the question", " beating a strawman"? Either way, it was a fucking stupid response, and you should be ashamed for making it. Tell me when you actually want to start discussing the topic at hand - the large statistical variation in how minorities, particularly african americans, are subject to greater violent and deadly police force than whites.
    MDMH: Obama is unrelated to this discussion as foreign military operations are inequivalent and incomparable to local police actions. You changed the topic without addressing my rebuttal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmd2000 View Post
    Oh, you better believe I'm looking out for just such an opportunity. I need to a t.v. and some new shoes. I plan on getting my fair of social justice through a broken out store front window at the expense of someone who did absolutely nothing wrong but try to work and run a business.
    JHMD: The Ferguson demonstrations are not morally justified, they are just an excuse for black people to loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Do you think that trolling me is going to hide your inability to debate the topic? The fact that some advantageous idiots looted doesn't de-legitimize the social outcry over police brutality against black people. Are you such a lazy racist that you let the fox news twitter feed fight your battles for you?
    MDMH: The moral justification for the demonstrations is obvious and historically founded. Any disingenuous attempt to mischaracterize and undermine the demonstration by focusing on a few criminals amongst thousands of non violent protestors is fairly racist. You changed the topic, again, without addressing my rebuttal.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmd2000 View Post
    Who is "debating" the merits of police brutality? Put the straw man down, climb down off that cross of yours and read a little more carefully.
    JHMD: I claim that your original argument was simply about the merits of police brutality, even though I know it was about black hypocrisy re: outrage over black on black crime vs police on black crime.
    I appreciate your efforts in trying to change the argument mid-thread, but it's pretty easy to just travel back in time 4 or 5 pages and just quote whatever stupid shit you posted.
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 08-17-2014 at 03:02 PM.

  2. #282
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    To the lawyers and anyone else:

    Which is more believable:

    A statement a person has 5-6 days to prepare, makers and is at least partially against his own best interest

    OR

    A semi-recanting of that statement to help himself

    Remember there is no new information......

    I can't wait to see who is honest about this.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    To the lawyers and anyone else:

    Which is more believable:

    A statement a person has 5-6 days to prepare, makers and is at least partially against his own best interest

    OR

    A semi-recanting of that statement to help himself

    Remember there is no new information......

    I can't wait to see who is honest about this.
    We all know that the most believable thing is to sift whatever story you have through you, watch it morph into an argument about Obama's debt-cutting prowess, and then come out as a glistening turd of truth! The truth is whatever he says it is...as long as it goes through you first.

  4. #284
    The King of Kong Billy Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fun Spot, USA
    Posts
    1,159
    I'm pretty pro-cop, but at some point you have to realize that the Blue is trying to protect its own.


  5. #285
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,763
    Not only that. Blue thinks enough people are gullible or willing to believe that holding cigars (something that easily could have been purchased) justifies murder.

  6. #286
    I mean, from reading the "knockout game" thread, the mere presence of a black dude walking toward you on the same side of the street should be interpreted as a threat. And when you threaten an armed cop, you may just end up dead.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Serious question, why aren't more LEOs using non lethal weapons? I'm going to assume the answer is just the NRA.
    Call the shit a war and pretty soon people start acting like soldiers.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangor View Post
    I sympathize with the protestors. Just wish they would learn from MLK. There is a real opportunity here to impact the country and they are going to miss it because they don't have someone mature enough to lead and help the protestors express themselves in a non destructive manner. Imagine the true impact of a fierce, unbreakable non violent protest right now.

    THAT would get the worlds attention.
    No it wouldn't. It hasn't for years. It's the norm, rather than violence and looting. Moral Mondays, Occupy, etc. Nobody gives a shit.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Call the shit a war and pretty soon people start acting like soldiers.
    We live in a society that has normalized the use of lethal force in self defense, and has placed the onus of proven innocence on the dead. A gun license in america makes you judge, jury, and executioner.
    Draxx them sklounst

  10. #290
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,763
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    No it wouldn't. It hasn't for years. It's the norm, rather than violence and looting. Moral Mondays, Occupy, etc. Nobody gives a shit.
    Well said.

  11. #291
    Deacsbravesdawgsetc
    Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The A
    Posts
    10,550
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    No it wouldn't. It hasn't for years. It's the norm, rather than violence and looting. Moral Mondays, Occupy, etc. Nobody gives a shit.
    The peaceful movement that could still happen in Ferguson would actually be based in some semblance of an expressed fact. Occupy was ridiculous on its face because none of the "protesters" could adequately explain what it was they were protesting.

    Here there is a clear cause to support, anti-police brutality/police overreach. Everyone in the country is aware of the problems that have come from police brutality to shootings and choking of innocents not to mention the weekly dog killings.

    I'm actually quite concerned as more and more facts come out that there was a rush to judgment here on all parties. Unfortunately when one party uses a gun, there is no turning back the mistake.

  12. #292
    Of course Go posts that garbage as the police commit the first of tonight's war crimes.

  13. #293
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Go View Post
    The peaceful movement that could still happen in Ferguson would actually be based in some semblance of an expressed fact. Occupy was ridiculous on its face because none of the "protesters" could adequately explain what it was they were protesting.

    Here there is a clear cause to support, anti-police brutality/police overreach. Everyone in the country is aware of the problems that have come from police brutality to shootings and choking of innocents not to mention the weekly dog killings.

    I'm actually quite concerned as more and more facts come out that there was a rush to judgment here on all parties. Unfortunately when one party uses a gun, there is no turning back the mistake.
    The party that has used unfair power for years and the fun is the PD. You seem to want to defer the blame from them.

  14. #294

  15. #295
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    But in Go's world it's the babies' fault for being born in Ferguson. The cops should be able to fire tear gas into crowds of people walking peacefully.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    But in Go's world it's the babies' fault for being born in Ferguson. The cops should be able to fire tear gas into crowds of people walking peacefully.
    Probably shouldn't be bringing your baby to a protest.

    At least it's better than taking them to a R rated movie.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mitchell View Post
    Good storify going through the "undisputed" facts:

    https://storify.com/miniver/mike-bro...&utm_campaign=
    I've seen interviews with two witnesses and their accounts were very similar. Unless the two other witnesses (or others who come forward) completely contradict earlier accounts, it's at least 4 to 1 against the version being circulated by Wilson's friends, Don't see how Wilson avoids being indicted and how physical evidence could show definatively whether Brown charged the car. Seems much more likely that someone would flee someone with a gun than charge them.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    But in Go's world it's the babies' fault for being born in Ferguson. The cops should be able to fire tear gas into crowds of people walking peacefully.
    Or breaching police barricades and rushing their command center?

  19. #299


    This lady in a wheelchair had it coming.

  20. #300
    Brown was shot six times per NYT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •