• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

No doubt conservatives are looking at their report cards. They were no angels. Little Latisha only got an S in Reading.

I haven't watched the George Floyd director's cut that got leaked, but whatever's on it seems to have energized the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd

The increase in gun violence came on the heels of the biggest economic collapse this country has seen since Oregon became a state. Gun violence and economic stability are inversely correlated....there are piles, even mountains, of research linking the two. 2nd Q of 2020 was the worst drop in economic activity on record, the combination of unemployment coupled with massive revenue drops for state and local governments meant that Governments had to make the tough calls to cut programs in the midst of very uncertain times and increasing social instability. But yeah, here you are celebrating murders in Oregon because you think it proves some small government except when it comes to militarized police force -- not at all contradictory -- philosophical point.

Nobody is celebrating murders and I'm well aware of the link between gun violence and economic stability, birdbrain.

So in these uncertain times of economic instability leading to gun violence, the city council cuts a program to reduce gun violence to fund 'Portland Street Response', black youth leadership and a tribal liaison position w/ the office of Governmental Relations???

Nearly $5 million from the police bureau will go to the Portland Street Response, a new program by the city to dispatch unarmed first responders to answer calls for people experiencing homelessness. There will also be money previously earmarked for the police that will now go to a fund to develop black youth leadership, a tribal liaison position within the city’s Office of Governmental Relations, and additional funding for the Civil Rights Title VI Program in the Office of Equity and Human Rights, among other uses.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/portland-police-budget-15-million-defund-cannabis-council-vote/

Nobody is celebrating murders and I'm well aware of the link between gun violence and economic stability, birdbrain.

So in these uncertain times of economic instability leading to gun violence, the city council cuts a program to reduce gun violence to fund 'Portland Street Response', black youth leadership and a tribal liaison position w/ the office of Governmental Relations???

https://www.opb.org/news/article/portland-police-budget-15-million-defund-cannabis-council-vote/

Dayum, you out clevered me here. I'll just stop responding...can't top this response.

Would actually be interested to hear lbe’s thoughts but think she quit the tunnels.

Wise move on your part.

In other news... 81% of black americans polled want the police to spend the same amount of time or more in their area.

Some interesting results in this gallup poll:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/black-americans-police-retain-local-presence.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication

Works for me, just divert the cops who sit around all day fingering their own assholes and eating donuts in their cars. Also raise taxes above third world levels so that half the police force doesn't spend their days trying to shakedown their own citizens by issuing traffic tickets and other pointless fines.

It's not so much the volume of interactions Black Americans have with the police that troubles them or differentiates them from other racial groups, but rather the quality of those interactions. Most Black Americans want the police to spend at least as much time in their area as they currently do, indicating that they value the need for the service that police provide. However, that exposure comes with more trepidation for Black than White or Hispanic Americans about what they might experience in a police encounter. And those harboring the least confidence that they will be treated well, or who have had negative encounters in the past, are much more likely to want the police presence curtailed.

huh, imagine that

so basically, the messages of "stop killing us" and "black lives matter" resonate here, i'd say

additionally, i'd echo what brasky is saying here, more protecting and serving, less seizing assets and writing pointless tickets to collect $ for the municipality

Wise move on your part.

In other news... 81% of black americans polled want the police to spend the same amount of time or more in their area.

Some interesting results in this gallup poll:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/black-americans-police-retain-local-presence.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication

WiseLogo.png

Seems like the people harassing and trying to sic law enforcement on a 19 year old making jokes are the real terrorists.

Last edited:
nah just proving blue lives matter. Unless they are FBI. Deep state m f'ers.

Well this is fucking insane - NYPD harassed an activist at his apartment for six hours, without a warrant. Surrounded the apartment, shut down the block, drones, everything. WITH NO WARRANT!

More peaceful protesting overnight in Chicago.

Piss poor policies and governance from decades and decades of Democratic party leadership.

Back