• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Well I mean what's going on is plainly a state responsibility and not the federal government's. Obama and Holder should be threatening Nixon with whatever they can, but I don't understand why criticism would be placed with them and not the people whose actual job it is to oversee local governments in MO.

Federalism is a wonderfully flexible system of government. It would be ideal if the Governor put on his big boy pants and sorted things out but its far from unprecedented for the Federal government to intervene when racial tensions explode into multiple day protests and police response.

Federalism is a wonderfully flexible system of government. It would be ideal if the Governor put on his big boy pants and sorted things out but its far from unprecedented for the Federal government to intervene when racial tensions explode into multiple day protests and police response.

Well it's being reported that State Police and federal "authorities" are relieving StL County police of their duties.

Well it's being reported that State Police and federal "authorities" are relieving StL County police of their duties.

Wonderful. Perhaps they've read the handbook on how not to escalate a protest. And by escalate I mean doing what the STL County police did last night after a bottle was thrown at them.

St Louis County PD are reporting that they're currently being cyber attacked.

#Breaking: @NBCNews reports St. Louis County PD says they are under "some sort of cyber-attack."

Twitter just suspended the @TheAnonMessage account that released the name of the supposed shooter and put out pictures of his face

(and apparently that account put out the wrong officer's name)

The police have completely overreacted, but don't they need time to conduct an investigation? I really think the police department releasing the name now would only provoke violence against that officer. Again the arresting of the officers, the firing of the tear gas, totally wrong. But let them investigate what happened. Seems like the officer has already been convicted in court of public opinion with no facts.

Yeah, if there's one thing we know about cops in racially charged situations, it's that justice is always served.

The police have completely overreacted, but don't they need time to conduct an investigation? I really think the police department releasing the name now would only provoke violence against that officer. Again the arresting of the officers, the firing of the tear gas, totally wrong. But let them investigate what happened. Seems like the officer has already been convicted in court of public opinion with no facts.

You mean the same officer who gave Mike Brown a death sentence, right?

The court of public option is much more merciful.

You mean the same officer who gave Mike Brown a death sentence, right?

The court of public option is much more merciful.

I'm saying if the cops clear him then they should release everything and then protest. But I saw groups kept filing lawsuits to get the cops name and the records of the investigation.

I still think Zimmerman got away with killing Martin but at least there was a trial.

There may not be a trial of this cop and it won't be because people found out who he is.

There may not be a trial of this cop and it won't be because people found out who he is.

tumblr_m7twphnvtU1rv3qs8o1_500.png

Good piece by Paul. Hope he knows a lot of that big government is supported by his party and their corporate interests.

Anyone should feel free to point out what I'm missing, but I don't see why an adult human being who shot another human being isn't a suspect, and, therefore, may have their name released. It seems the only relevant difference here is that this guy was a cop. But why should it matter that he was a cop? Unless you think it is in his job description to shoot people, this dude did something outside the scope of his public duty.

Back