• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Oh, you better believe I'm looking out for just such an opportunity. I need to a t.v. and some new shoes. I plan on getting my fair of social justice through a broken out store front window at the expense of someone who did absolutely nothing wrong but try to work and run a business.
Do you think that trolling me is going to hide your inability to debate the topic? The fact that some advantageous idiots looted doesn't de-legitimize the social outcry over police brutality against black people. Are you such a lazy racist that you let the fox news twitter feed fight your battles for you?

This shit is just beyond pathetic at this point.

THIS is why nothing ever gets done about the serious problems.

I sympathize with the protestors. Just wish they would learn from MLK. There is a real opportunity here to impact the country and they are going to miss it because they don't have someone mature enough to lead and help the protestors express themselves in a non destructive manner. Imagine the true impact of a fierce, unbreakable non violent protest right now.

THAT would get the worlds attention.

Do you think that trolling me is going to hide your inability to debate the topic? The fact that some advantageous idiots looted doesn't de-legitimize the social outcry over police brutality against black people. Are you such a lazy racist that you let the fox news twitter feed fight your battles for you?

Who is "debating" the merits of police brutality? Put the straw man down, climb down off that cross of yours and read a little more carefully.

I sympathize with the protestors. Just wish they would learn from MLK. There is a real opportunity here to impact the country and they are going to miss it because they don't have someone mature enough to lead and help the protestors express themselves in a non destructive manner. Imagine the true impact of a fierce, unbreakable non violent protest right now.

THAT would get the worlds attention.

MLK didn't keep everyone from violence in the movement. I love MLK, but that's revisionism. I do think there is a leadership void in the modern civil rights movement though. Mainly because younger leaders have not, or perhaps have not been allowed to, emerge.

People who aren't sympathetic because a few people are looting wouldn't be sympathetic to a pure nonviolent movement.

Explain. If all it takes is a few bad apples to dissuade somebody from being against militarized violence, it's hard to say they're really against it.

last night someone shot at a cop car. to me thats the game changer and its time to wrap this shit up. you've had your 7 days of fame, now its time to go back to work

Explain. If all it takes is a few bad apples to dissuade somebody from being against militarized violence, it's hard to say they're really against it.

Are you making the claim that people were generally sympathetic to the civil rights movement before dogs and hoses were turned on nonviolent protestors?

Serious question, why aren't more LEOs using non lethal weapons? I'm going to assume the answer is just the NRA.

No doubt being a cop is a difficult and stressful job, but I've never understood cases where suspects are shot multiple times when they're unarmed. In the NYC case that inspired Springsteen's "41 Shots", 4 cops fired 41 shots, 19 of which hit an unarmed man. It would be different if the guy had been holding a gun or fired first, but all 4 cops were acquitted.

In the Ferguson case, there are at least 2 witnesses to what happened outside of the cop car, but only the cop can testify what happened inside the car. I can understand if there was a struggle for the cop's gun and Brown was shot and killed inside the car, but witnesses allege Brown was shot outside the car multiple times. Brown wouldn't have been going for the cop's gun if he had his own weapon, so the cop had to have some inkling that he shot an unarmed man who wasn't a threat to himself or the community. Think the cop lost it in the heat of the moment, resulting in tragic consequences. Seems the best course of action would have been to tase Brown or shoot him once and then call for back up. Kinda hard to understand why he shot him multiple times, especially if the witnesses don't claim Brown acted aggressively toward the cop after being shot the first time. The extra shots will be difficult to explain away.

Not clear if Ferguson PD released the convenience store video to poison the public against Brown or intimidate one of the witnesses who was an accomplice to a strong arm robbery, but it definitely inflamed a community that had already rioted and looted. I've watched two interviews with the other witness, Tiffany Mitchell, and she was very calm, poised, and credible. She'll be difficult to discredit. Can't imagine what will happen in Ferguson if no charges are brought against the cop.

Ferguson Police could not have handled this more poorly:

-Cop shot Brown in broad daylight and nobody even checked on him for 30-40 minutes
-Left a dead body uncovered in the street for 4 or 5 hours in plain view of a community
-After multiple nights of violence they release the video of the kid stealing at the same time they identify the officer

Certainly not excusing robbery and looting, but strong armed robbery or jaywalking aren't and shouldn't be capital offenses. Ferguson PD is tone deaf and needlessly antagonized the community. It's painfully obvious that they didn't just receive the robbery video yesterday.

cops could not make it to the crime scene as just after the incident, there was another shooting in the neighborhood and a gunman was unaccounted for. this incident didnt take place in mayberry in case people havent figured that out; and the other shooting suspect was not arrested until 3-4pm

cops could not make it to the crime scene as just after the incident, there was another shooting in the neighborhood and a gunman was unaccounted for. this incident didnt take place in mayberry in case people havent figured that out; and the other shooting suspect was not arrested until 3-4pm

Are you really to give excuses for a cop getting out of his car, knowing Brown didn't have a gun, and shot the unarmed teen?

When has this happened in the last 50 years?

Civil rights have gotten better but are still very problematic. For the first time since the 60s, state governments have instituted laws that intentionally make voting more difficult for minorities. This was unthinkable until recently.

Are you really to give excuses for a cop getting out of his car, knowing Brown didn't have a gun, and shot the unarmed teen?
nope, it also might have been a challenge for the cop to go to the scene as his face was beaten and required 2 days in the hospital after the assault. not making excuses, just stating facts that are being reported elsewhere

nope, it also might have been a challenge for the cop to go to the scene as his face was beaten and required 2 days in the hospital after the assault. not making excuses, just stating facts that are being reported elsewhere

Actually what you are doing is giving motive to the cop to commit murder. He got punched, was pissed, stopped his car, got out and gunned down someone he know was unarmed and leaving the situation.

Actually what you are doing is giving motive to the cop to commit murder. He got punched, was pissed, stopped his car, got out and gunned down someone he know was unarmed and leaving the situation.
and nowhere have i said that was correct. if so, i agree the cop should be disciplined to the full extent of the law ..... carry on

What's the point in bringing up that the cop who stopped two kids for jaywalking (how many white kids do you think that cop stopped for jaywalking?). Then the cop wasn't done. He backed up to mess with them a second time ABOUT JAYWALKING. The Chief of Police told a group of national reporters the stop was about jaywalking.

To bring up anything is to muddy the waters of the situation. Whether you think you are or not, you are putting blame on the victim.

This entire mess was about JAYWALKING...not ONE but TWO stops about JAYWALKING.

Back