• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

It looks like this was the Amy vs Christian Cooper thread. The story has a conclusion -

[h=1]Retired Maryland police chief used arson for vendettas, prosecutors say[/h]

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/c...0210304-vkzvbjjnzva7zft6s4wjicm7ey-story.html
[h=1]
[/h] Investigators across Maryland started noticing similarities in a decade’s worth of intentional car and home fires about two years ago. The arsonist wore similar clothing, struck at the same time of day, and carried a gallon container of gasoline.

As they looked closer, the connections went beyond how the fires were started to whom they targeted. All the victims — a chiropractor, a woman involved in school redistricting efforts and people in police and municipal circles — had links to retired Laurel police chief David Crawford. Even the chief who replaced him and his own stepson had been struck, prosecutors said.

[h=1]
[/h]

Tacoma area sheriff claimed a Black newspaper deliver driver threatened him, got dozens of cop cars to come out, and lied repeatedly when questioned.
[h=1]Black newspaper delivery driver detained after Pierce County sheriff claims, then recants, threat to life[/h]
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...y-sheriff-claims-then-recants-threat-to-life/

Early on Jan. 27, Altheimer was working his regular delivery route in his Geo Prizm in Tacoma’s West End, when, he said, he noticed a big, white SUV following him.

“I’m throwing papers out the window, left and right, both windows are down … and I see this SUV hit the block,” Altheimer said. He said he didn’t know it was the county sheriff behind the wheel of the unmarked Chevy Tahoe.

The two passed each other and the SUV then turned around to follow him, Altheimer said. He said the SUV tracked him as he stopped at houses — as he does six nights a week — delivering newspapers, including The News Tribune, Wall Street Journal and The Seattle Times.

“I continue what I’m doing, because, you know, I’m working. I’m not doing any harm to the neighborhood. I work here every night,” Altheimer said, adding that he has been followed on his route before.

Troyer later told police he’d been at home when he heard a noise and went to investigate, according to the Tacoma police incident report.
Irritated that the SUV kept tracking him, Altheimer placed a newspaper in a plastic cylinder at a home, he said, then he walked over to the SUV to ask why he was being followed. He said he thought Troyer looked familiar but didn’t recognize him as the county’s top law-enforcement officer.

“So I asked him, ‘Who are you?’” Altheimer said. He said Troyer didn’t identify himself, but asked what he was doing in the neighborhood and “called me all types of names,” accusing him of being “a porch pirate,” slang for someone who steals packages from porches.

Altheimer said he asked whether he was being targeted as a Black man driving an older car. He said he didn’t disclose he was a newspaper carrier because, he said, he felt it was not the stranger’s business to know. He says Troyer responded that he is not racist and said that his wife is Black.

“I said if you had a problem and you feel like you’re so in danger, then you should just call the police unit and bring him out here. So then he makes a comment, he’s like ‘Oh, I got four cars on the way,’” Altheimer recalled Troyer saying. “I’m like, congratulations.”

Not once did Troyer identify himself as a law enforcement officer, Altheimer said. The Tacoma incident report said Altheimer “knew who Troyer was.” But Altheimer said he only recognized Troyer’s name after a Tacoma officer told him the county sheriff was driving the SUV.

“That’s the crazy thing. I never did threaten him. I was just asking questions, like ‘Are you a cop?’” he said.

In an interview, Troyer denied having any such conversation with Altheimer. “I didn’t even know he was Black until he was out of the car and the cops came. I never talked to him. I never talked to the guy,” he said.

“I couldn’t even tell you that he looked all that Black,” Troyer said.
He also denied saying his wife is Black. (She is Pacific Islander.) He added that in his neighborhood, “I am the only white man within five houses, and I have a Black grandson that lives with me.”

“I couldn’t even tell you that he looked all that Black,” Troyer said.
He also denied saying his wife is Black. (She is Pacific Islander.) He added that in his neighborhood, “I am the only white man within five houses, and I have a Black grandson that lives with me.”

Uh huh.

"Some of my best spouses...er...grandsons are Black."

This is an egregious violation of the First Amendment but I’m pretty sure this has been happening anyway. It’s just called “resisting.”

Back