• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

I'm not sure of the point you're making about Chicago. There have been plenty of public protests. Rahm has taken a ton of heat for the situation in Chicago.

But it's good to see you're blaming "opportunists" for the violence in Ferguson rather than the people actually committing the violence. Gotta put 'em in their place, right?

I'm not sure of the point you're making about Chicago. There have been plenty of public protests. Rahm has taken a ton of heat for the situation in Chicago.

But it's good to see you're blaming "opportunists" for the violence in Ferguson rather than the people actually committing the violence. Gotta put 'em in their place, right?

Of course I am not doing that, but you knew that already. And you'll know it when Rahm cakewalks to reelection, we'll see how truly tepid that heat is for him.

Unless the President droning American citizens without due process. Yes we can, or something.
I'm not sure which cliche to use for that rebuttal: "moving the goal post", "dodging the question", " beating a strawman"? Either way, it was a fucking stupid response, and you should be ashamed for making it. Tell me when you actually want to start discussing the topic at hand - the large statistical variation in how minorities, particularly african americans, are subject to greater violent and deadly police force than whites.

Also the increased militarization of the modern police force

I am at an absolute loss as to why it didn't occur to anyone that this was a good idea days ago.

Has Lectro determined whether the killing was warranted based on the young man's path in life?

Speaking of F'd up.
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/14/1321440/-Michael-Brown-s-School?detail=facebook

“The grinding poverty in Mike’s world only allowed Normandy High School to acquire two graduation gowns to be shared by the entire class. The students passed a gown from one to the other. Each put the gown on, in turn, and sat before the camera to have their graduation photographs taken. Until it was Mike’s turn.

So who actually runs Michael Brown's school district? Well, the president of the board of education is Peter F. Herschend of Branson, Missouri. Herschend isn't a former teacher, or a former principal, and doesn't have any training in the education field. He's the owner of Herschend Family Entertainment, which runs Silver Dollar City and other amusement parks. He's also one of the biggest contributors to the Republican Party in the state.
So, when you're wondering who runs Michael Brown's school district—when you're wondering who's in control of an urban, minority district so poor that the students have only two graduation gowns to share—it's a white Republican millionaire from out state.

I don't think that is rare at all. The same thing happened my school for graduation photos. Did they share a gown for the actual graduation? Highly doubt IT. Poorly written article meant to play on emotion IMO.

Edit: the article showed up weird on my phone. It looked like it ended after the gown story. It does go on to paint a disturbing picture of a failed public school and was worth a read. However, no need to play on emotion in the beginning. If the author is willing to do that to open the piece it brings the rest into question.

Last edited:
Nice retort.

He has talked about police state, militarization of the police and racial inequality in the justice system for a very long time.

This guy is not and has never been a friend to minorities. This is a guy who hired the "Southern Avenger" and who stated he opposed the Civil Rights Act.

Amazing how keeping the tanks and tear gas on the shelves seemed to go a long way toward keeping the peace.

As for Rand I think he is the most fascinating 2016 candidate currently. Him and Rubio are a very interesting contrast. Now it would be very helpful if immigration as a issue didn't bleed into the 2016 election but it very well might. That might be an area of weakness for Paul but its really one for the whole GOP which is why the Democrats refuse to talk about anything but " a pathway to citizenship".

Otherwise his non interventionist style on foreign policy is a substantial difference from the rest of the GOP candidates and I wouldn't be shocked if millennials overwhelmingly back him in the primary. I just don't know if it will be enough.

Mr. Brown appears to be the main suspect, with video evidence, in a strong arm robbery 2 hours before the incident.

Being an asshole and stealing Swisher Sweets shouldn't get you shot, but interesting information nonetheless.

Darren Wilson is the cop.

Why do you bring that up? It has nothing to do with getting shot?

It's like when Trayvon Martin was put on trial.

what? being a suspect in a robbery has nothing to do with a subsequent police altercation? lol

It might have something to do with getting shot. It may be the reason that the cop and he crossed paths that night. I have no idea, but if it is true that he was involved in a robbery two hours earlier then it could explain why the cop was talking to him. Doesn't explain why the cop would have shot him but it may explain why they were interacting.

It might have something to do with getting shot. It may be the reason that the cop and he crossed paths that night. I have no idea, but if it is true that he was involved in a robbery two hours earlier then it could explain why the cop was talking to him. Doesn't explain why the cop would have shot him but it may explain why they were interacting.

No, if that was at all the case, it would have been brought up IMMEDIATELY.

It would have given the cop a reason to stop him. The PD would have let everyone know about this the first day.

This sounds totally contrived to cover for the cop.

Back