• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

How the fuck do you know how stupid this person was?

ETA: He's a bully, a thief, and he gets off walking down the middle of the fucking street and taunting cops. Of course he didn't deserve to die for any of those things.

Read my entire post. If even an old fart like me had charged a cop from 30' or less. by the fifth or sixth shot, I'd be right on top of the guy.

Even this mystery witness says Brown was moving toward the cop. The forensic evidence shows the kill shot was through his head. The gun would have had to have been almost on his head by then.

This is why Brown charging the cop doesn't make sense.

Read my entire post. If even an old fart like me had charged a cop from 30' or less. by the fifth or sixth shot, I'd be right on top of the guy.

Even this mystery witness says Brown was moving toward the cop. The forensic evidence shows the kill shot was through his head. The gun would have had to have been almost on his head by then.

Have you ever actually been shot?

I am so confused by this post.

There are some who would like for Wilson to be strung up by a posse, but we have due process precisely for sentiment like that.

Right. Due process isn't the only way the criminal justice system doles out punishment.

It's naive to say "you can't indict someone overnight" as if that's the only way the system works for everybody. A kid is dead because a cop couldn't wait for "due process."

If the body was found 35 feet away AND the kid allegedly charged the cop, he wouldn't have started charging from 35 feet. It would have been a longer distance before he was dropped by the fatal shot.

The Pros and Cons of Militarization of the Police:

The ongoing clashes between residents of Ferguson, MO and heavily armed police forces—which are equipped with M16 rifles and armored vehicles—have drawn attention to the increasing militarization of police in the United States. Here are the cases for and against outfitting local law enforcement with military-grade weapons:

PROS

Same tactics used successfully in Afghanistan, Iraq
Modern law enforcement simply cannot do their job properly by relying on handguns, tasers, and tear gas alone
A real shot in arm for nation’s ailing weapons industry
Look on driver’s face when tank pulls up beside Mini Cooper always fun
Local photojournalists now able to capture fog of war at home
Nice surprise treat for veterans to see weapons they used in war pop up on their hometown streets
Never a bad idea to put a more powerful gun in someone’s hand
Actually going to seem pretty quaint when compared with police armaments 20 years from now

CONS

Most police officers have proven fully capable of violently subduing protesters without any military-grade weapons
It actually very hard to recite Miranda rights while holding 40-pound grenade launcher
There no longer any middle ground between community watch and military
Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles only get 5 miles per gallon
Jesus, just look at this shit
Military-style helmets limit peripheral vision while firing indiscriminately into crowd
Could potentially be abused if put in lesser hands than America’s historically honest and virtuous police departments
Takes away that personal touch of beating a suspect to death with bare hands

I am so confused by this post.

I don't know what's confusing:

1. Even as an oid guy -got it
2. If I had charged someone from 30' away - I'm running from 30' towards a person
3. I'd be right on top of the guy by the 5th or 6th shot - The distance is so short and the time it takes to fire 6 shots makes it likely I'd be right on top of the shooter.
4. Forensics show the last shots shot Brown in the head. Being that close, there would be marks on the head from the gun

Brown was far away from the cop when he died. Thus the charging doesn't make sense.

You think you could run 10 yards after being shot 6 times?

Guy----------------------------45 feet-------------------------Cop

Guy Charging-------------------40 feet-------------------------Cop

Guy hit with first bullet----------39 feet------------------------Cop Fires gun

Guy hit with lots of bullets because you can fire 3-6 rounds a second and bullets travel 1200 feet per second,---------------35 feet----------------Cop firing gun

That just is a ridiculous visual, never mind id be right on top of the guy by the 5th or 6th shot not stopped in my tracks as a bullet rips through my body.

Apparently this is RJ

I am still having a hard time believing that anyone would charge a cop that has already fired his gun once and has his weapon drawn. Not unless this was some sort of suicide by cop and there is no evidence to support that.

Another police shooting of an unarmed man.

Salt Lake City police shooting investigation could take 2-3 weeks

Probe » Victim was unarmed when police confronted him, brother says.

By Bob Mims
| The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published Aug 15 2014 12:34 pm • Last Updated Aug 17 2014 11:33 am

It could be several weeks before investigators probing Salt Lake City police officers’ fatal shooting of a 20-year-old man present their findings to prosecutors, police said Friday.

"The only thing new I can tell you is that our investigators are optimistic that they will have a case ready for review by the [Salt Lake County] district attorney’s office in the next two to three weeks," South Salt Lake police Sgt. Darin Sweeten told The Tribune.

Dillon Taylor was shot by police Monday night outside a 7-Eleven store at 2102 S. State St. The officers involved were responding to a report of a man brandishing a handgun in the area of the store.

The South Salt Lake police department, which is investigating the incident, has declined to say whether a weapon was found, or what actions by Taylor — verbal or physical — were deemed threatening enough for police to fire at least twice.

Meanwhile, Jerrail Taylor insists his brother did not have a handgun on him.

Jerrail Taylor said he, his brother and a cousin had just gotten drinks at the 7-Eleven when the officers, guns drawn, confronted them.

Dillon Taylor initially didn’t hear the officers’ demands to get down on the ground with his hands on his head, Jerrail Taylor said, because he was wearing headphones.

Witnesses gave conflicting accounts of whether Dillon Taylor reached toward his waistband or, as his brother claimed, was just adjusting his pants.

Sweeten has said Dillon Taylor reportedly was "belligerent" toward officers. He has declined to further detail the nature of that alleged attitude.

This isn't Wilson's story. Wilson's story is that Brown collapsed only a few feet in front of him. The story is up on CNN now.

He's had plenty of time to come up with it.

So where did 35 feet come from?

Back