• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

If the opposite of "pro police" is "pro criminal", then yes, I am "pro police". We all agree that changes are needed in law enforcement, but the broad brush of "We can both acknowledge that cops are wild animals..." is never going to improve any situation.

Cops make my job difficult on a daily basis, but I'd never say that every cop is an asshole.

This is why I, and most of the folks around here stay out of The Tunnels. The broad brush approach is entirely annoying as fuck.

And it's entirely too easy to hide behind your internet handles and say asinine things on a daily basis.

Have a wonderful day.

Peace.

no we all know why you and your ilk "stay out of the Tunnels"

you're all conservative phonies. too embarrassed to stand up to the due barrage of criticisms of the systemic racism, misogyny and greed that underpin basically every modern conservative position

you drop in to complain about being held to higher standard and bothsides everything and then run away

good riddance

Purely anecdotal, but my wife’s best friend was married to a cop. I got drug out with him and 5 of his cop buddies one night. We went to a Buffalo Wild Wings. It was easily the least fun I’ve had in the past decade. Purely coincidental?

Purely anecdotal, but my wife’s best friend was married to a cop. I got drug out with him and 5 of his cop buddies one night. We went to a Buffalo Wild Wings. It was easily the least fun I’ve had in the past decade. Purely coincidental?

from my history with police (on and off duty), i am not surprised by this in the least.

Did they talk about work? Going out with any group of five people in a different profession is boring if they just talk about work.

Did they talk about work? Going out with any group of five people in a different profession is boring if they just talk about work.

Going out with a group of emergency room physicians/nurses would be fun. They see some of the same crazy shit that cops do, but their stories are better since they (generally) have empathy for the people they are serving.

Going out with a group of emergency room physicians/nurses would be fun. They see some of the same crazy shit that cops do, but their stories are better since they (generally) have empathy for the people they are serving.

That’s fair. It would be a good chat thread topic.

If the opposite of "pro police" is "pro criminal", then yes, I am "pro police". We all agree that changes are needed in law enforcement, but the broad brush of "We can both acknowledge that cops are wild animals..." is never going to improve any situation.

Cops make my job difficult on a daily basis, but I'd never say that every cop is an asshole.

This is why I, and most of the folks around here stay out of The Tunnels. The broad brush approach is entirely annoying as fuck.

And it's entirely too easy to hide behind your internet handles and say asinine things on a daily basis.

Have a wonderful day.

Peace.

The all cops are animals take is ph's trolling masterpiece, it was his turn to the dark side. It got me last month too.

It’s called a metaphor.

4gwm5w.jpg

Saying Ph hides behind his handle is weird. He’s probably one of the most well known identities on the boards if you’ve been around for a while (and no I’m not outing him with this I’m just saying it’s not as if he’s 100% anonymous)

Saying Ph hides behind his handle is weird. He’s probably one of the most well known identities on the boards if you’ve been around for a while (and no I’m not outing him with this I’m just saying it’s not as if he’s 100% anonymous)

Don't know who PH is, other than no way he has a "real" job based on his seeming ability to make/respond to posts at almost any given minute.
Good poster though; seems like a decent guy, and his take on WFU sports is generally spot-on.

The all cops are animals take is ph's trolling masterpiece, it was his turn to the dark side. It got me last month too.

We (I) have been analogizing cops to wild bears on the fascism thread for the last 6 years, because that’s how people like you talk about them. It’s not some joke that PH recently just made up to troll you.

Also anecdotal, my buddies brother is a detective out of new jersey we went out when he came down to Austin. It, was, wild.

Back