• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

He said after speaking with deputies and reviewing video and other facts of the incident, he does "not believe any racial profiling took place."

"Before entering the motorcoach, the deputies were not aware that this school was historically Black or aware of the race or the occupants due to the height of the vehicle and tint of the windows," Bowman said.

So it's normal to search every passenger's bag when the bus is "improperly travelling in the left lane"?

Before entering the motorcoach, the deputies were not aware that this school was historically Black or aware of the race or the occupants due to the height of the vehicle and tint of the windows," Bowman said

It wouldn't be that hard to profile if the outside of the team bus contained the words "Delaware State University" (not sure if it did).

So it's normal to search every passenger's bag when the bus is "improperly travelling in the left lane"?

I've read a few stories on this and nothing has explained what the justification (even a pretextual/alleged justification) for the search was. I know the cops can come up with a lot of bull shit, but I find it odd that there wasn't even an attempt in the statements to really justify the search from a 4th amendment perspective.

Geez.

“The bus was stopped for 30 to 45 minutes, Jenkins said. At one point, a deputy stepped onto the bus holding a gift-wrapped box and summoned the person whose name was on it – senior Aniya Aiken, who happens to be from Decatur, Georgia.

Aiken was asked where she received the package, Jenkins said. It was from family members who’d seen the team play at Kennesaw State. Asked what was inside, Aiken said she was told by her aunt not to open the gift until she got back to campus.

"He said ‘You accepted something and you don’t know what it is?’ " Jenkins said, and the deputy was told again it was a gift to be opened later.

The deputy returned to the cargo bay with the gift, which was then opened.

"Maybe another 10 minutes after that they come on the bus and they say ‘You’re free to leave, have a safe trip,' " Jenkins said.

The driver was not issued a citation.

When Aiken retrieved her gift later she found a jewelry box that was a graduation present.”

What assholes.

Geez.

“The bus was stopped for 30 to 45 minutes, Jenkins said. At one point, a deputy stepped onto the bus holding a gift-wrapped box and summoned the person whose name was on it – senior Aniya Aiken, who happens to be from Decatur, Georgia.

Aiken was asked where she received the package, Jenkins said. It was from family members who’d seen the team play at Kennesaw State. Asked what was inside, Aiken said she was told by her aunt not to open the gift until she got back to campus.

"He said ‘You accepted something and you don’t know what it is?’ " Jenkins said, and the deputy was told again it was a gift to be opened later.

The deputy returned to the cargo bay with the gift, which was then opened.

"Maybe another 10 minutes after that they come on the bus and they say ‘You’re free to leave, have a safe trip,' " Jenkins said.

The driver was not issued a citation.

When Aiken retrieved her gift later she found a jewelry box that was a graduation present.”

What assholes.

Bet the cop's kids just love Christmas morning when they wake up only to find Santa Claus in cuffs because after he was pulled over for only having one headlight on his sleigh, and had a bunch of "suspicious" packages with unknown contents.

Do college athletics teams usually smoke weed on the team bus?

57e3de4d5dbbafe4410fe137c47064f6.jpg

I bet the town that got the prison had a much better music video.

Also, this is two years after the Chicago Bears put out the Super Bowl Shuffle music video, so it was obviously the right move.

Sweetness.gif

[URL="https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/06/06/tempe-police-bickings-drowning/[/URL]

Sean Bickings pleaded for help as he struggled to stay afloat in a reservoir in Tempe, Ariz., late last month. But Tempe police officers watched without intervening as Bickings went underwater and did not come back up, according to city officials and a transcript of body-camera footage.

“I’m going to drown. I’m going to drown,” said Bickings, 34, according to a transcript of video from the May 28 incident released by city officials.

“Okay, I’m not jumping in after you,” an officer, identified as Officer 1 in the transcript, said moments later, after directing Bickings to grab onto a bridge.

“Please help me,” Bickings said. “Please, please, please.”

Soon after, Bickings drowned

Clearly its not their job to try and save someone who is drowning.

Back