• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Curious about the charge of 2nd degree Murder, 3rd degree Murder and Manslaughter all for the same act. Seems to me that logically one 2nd degree Murder conviction would be the appropriate conclusion?

Don't understand the nuance either but the prosecution apparently made the case for all three. Do I understand correctly that 3rd degree is a federal charge but not the other two?

The best thing about this outcome is that MAYBE after watching his peers testify against him AND he gets convicted it puts a few more cracks in the opaque blue wall. It won't be soon but maybe more cops begin to intervene before situations escalate so dramatically.
Agreed. Any hope for change in the system relies on the "good cops" pushing to change the status quo more than anything else.

A lot of good thoughts have been posted here. I will echo the fact that I don’t really feel better because of this, but it is still better than him going free.

We have such a long way to go.

A lot of good thoughts have been posted here. I will echo the fact that I don’t really feel better because of this, but it is still better than him going free.

We have such a long way to go.

Agreed. I feel neither good nor even better about this. Had the outcome been different i would have felt a lot worse though.

984 people were killed by the police in the past year, according to the WaPo. Works out to one about every 9 hours. How close to the trial verdict did this take place?

Cops are rioting.

not great

That's horrible. Floyd is a martyr, but he did not sacrifice his life. He was sacrificed.

and the LV Raiders, my god

Every time I see something as bad as that Raiders tweet, I wonder if there were no Black people in the room or the Black person went along with the plan to protect their job or if they just got overruled or god forbid, they thought it was a good idea.

saw 4:30pm on one report

That's when call was made. So the actually shooting probably was pretty close to when the verdict dropped.

This article says the call was at 4:35, the shooting was reported at 4:45, the medics came at 4:46, and the girl died at 5:21. This girl was fighting for her life while the verdict was announced.
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news...ficer-involved-shooting-east-side/7309088002/

This neighbor said witnesses said the police showed up to a call about a knife fight and just shot one of the girls with little to no warning.

Last edited:
I was walking the dog today and every conversation I walked past was this verdict

Just a snippet, but through tears overheard (paraphrasing) “for all the millions enslaved and lynched and wrongfully imprisoned and killed, it finally feels like we got one, just one”

It made me want to stop and listen and give the old lady a hug, but covid

Dunno if that is appropriate to share but it made me feel very strongly

The problem is the only way to keep this stuff from happening again is to totally change the way we police the populace.

It cannot be done within the current framework because the psychology of people attracted to the current style of law enforcement is so demented reform will never work.

Fuck cops, full stop.

I was walking the dog today and every conversation I walked past was this verdict

Just a snippet, but through tears overheard (paraphrasing) “for all the millions enslaved and lynched and wrongfully imprisoned and killed, it finally feels like we got one, just one”

It made me want to stop and listen and give the old lady a hug, but covid

Dunno if that is appropriate to share but it made me feel very strongly

Townie the white savior here for hugs and comfort.

I think it’s real important for white folks (no matter their view points) to stay the fuck in there own lane right now, and let the African American communities have a moment for this.

Commentary, sympathy, opinions, of anyone else matter fuck all right now.

Mark Davis apologizes for the Raiders tweet.

Reed: Raiders owner Mark Davis failed miserably with his ‘I can breathe’ Twitter statement https://theathletic.com/2533005/202...bly-with-his-i-can-breathe-twitter-statement/

“Let me say this right off the bat: I was not aware of that,” Davis said Tuesday. “Absolutely not. I had no idea of that. That’s a situation that I was not aware of. I can see where there could be some negativity towards what I said based on that.”

Davis said that he got the inspiration from Floyd’s brother, Philonise, who told reporters after Chauvin’s guilty verdict, “Today, we are able to breathe again.”

“I took it from him saying that, and that’s exactly what my feelings were,” Davis said. “I don’t know who it offended. Obviously, if those T-shirts are out there and they thought that that’s what I was referring to, that’s a very big misconception and I made a huge mistake in that regard.

“I wasn’t watching the talking heads; I was listening to the (Floyd) family. And I was trying to take my lead from them. But if that’s what the cops are wearing then, really, it is a bad statement.”

Davis said he was “deeply, deeply disappointed” if he offended the Floyd family. He referred to Chauvin as a “murderer.” He added that he’d like to speak to the family in order to clarify that his statement was meant to support them and made it clear that he didn’t have any problem with the verdict in Chauvin’s trial. However, Davis said he would not delete the tweet, which was still pinned to the Raiders Twitter account when this article was published.

“I will not delete it,” Davis said. “I could unpin it and let it run its course. It’s already out there. That’s the risk you take any time you put anything on Twitter: It’s out there for life. Because people are retweeting it and keeping it and doing all that stuff with it. … I rarely, rarely post stuff, but I’m not into erasing something. It’s not an apology. I’m not embarrassed by what I said, but I did learn something now. So, I learned something. I learned that cops were wearing T-shirts saying that. And that’s a negative.”

As much as I think police are the mafia and are abusing and killing black people, this case, initially seems like it may be a legit shooting.

This maybe an anti - Antifa twitter account, but the only place I saw the police body cam video.

Back