• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

39ef9c409ae7020e7dad5a7e662e2c63.jpg

Just some bad apples

It's hard for any news to break through during an election year pandemic. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the Arbery murder, Amy Cooper call, and George Floyd move the needle without each other. The 100,000 COVID death mark and the NYT front page was basically permission for media to start covering other stories. And it's sad but obvious to say mass shootings are pretty common nowadays no matter where they happen.

There are already plenty of existing movements addressing gun violence, crime in black neighborhoods, gangs, etc.

I'm sure the lack of MSM reporting on the below will be chalked up to "hard for any news to break through during an election year pandemic."

But what existing movement addresses an 8 year old shot and killed by protesters?

Also, the story is on the front page of CNN.com right now. So I guess the MSM conspiracy to cover it up hasn't kicked in yet.

Also, the story is on the front page of CNN.com right now. So I guess the MSM conspiracy to cover it up hasn't kicked in yet.

Yea, but covered as gun violence over the weekend, just behind an article calling the term "black-list" and the "Masters Golf Tournament" problematic.

I think by "reporting" he means there isn't enough outrage from the left to mollify his own internal tension over the BLM protests. The left's relentless gun control drumbeat against the billion dollar gun lobby just isn't enough, we need to condemn black on black killing more and protest blacks, or something.

Yea, but covered as gun violence over the weekend, just behind an article calling the term "black-list" and the "Masters Golf Tournament" problematic.

And on top of that, apparently CNN.com believes 'Woman dies after falling from roller coaster' in France was more newsworthy given the larger bolded font.

"What existing movement addresses murder" I dont know, angus, what anti-violence movements in Atlanta do you support? If you're truly plugged into that cause, maybe you can recruit the rest of us.

1,500 American children are killed by guns every year. Sadly - very, painfully sadly - it is not big news when a kid gets shot in this country. It would not have even made CNN.com at all if there wasn't some association with the protests. So I am not sure what you and Angus want here. What is the standard you want to be applied to these shootings? Do you want children killed by white people to get bigger or smaller headlines than children killed by black people? What's the rule when a person irresponsibly leaves their gun unsecured and a kid is killed? Does that go above or below the Masters? Would that require a public statement from the President that "White people need to get their community in order before asking others to change"?

These questions are not meant to be answered. They are meant to point out that hand-wringing and gaslighting about how given events of violence are covered by the media is just a means of deflecting from the real issues at hand.

brad is the bad combination of not operating in good faith and being stupid as a mother fucker. at least you could tell jhmd was a smart guy.

it's almost as if he's not asking these questions in good faith.

right. I doubt Angus is very impressed by the gun control movement, even though that's what he's encouraging with his fatalist concern trolling.

Just a reminder that we have an ongoing gun violence thread for those truly concerned about gun violence.

I agree it is a big deal Angus and Whatamount, which is why we need to repeal the 2nd amendment. Sadly the American citizenry, regardless of race, can no longer be trusted with guns. Collectively we are too dumb and we no longer accept responsibility for any of our actions.

Repealing the 18th amendment with the 21st was a great moment in American history, lets see if we can repeat that with the 28th.

Back