• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Re: Caren act, these types of laws typically end up being used against the people they were meant to protect.

Cop Show Confidential

How does it feel to make police shows in 2020?

https://www.vulture.com/article/police-shows-in-2020-anonymous-in-hollywood.html

No one has done more to propagate the myth of the hero cop than the writers of network-television police procedurals. On Law & Order and its many, many offspring, you might occasionally see a stray bad apple, but they never spoil the barrel, and cops who break the rules are most often portrayed as crusaders for a greater good. Here, confessions from the writers, directors, and producers of these shows.

EZfPqNX.jpg

Mark McCloskey sued a former employer for wrongful termination and his sister, father and his father’s caretaker for defamation.

The McCloskeys have filed at least two “quiet title” suits asserting squatter’s rights on land they’ve occupied openly and hostilely — their terms — and claimed as their own. In an ongoing suit against Portland Place trustees in 2017, the McCloskeys say they are entitled to a 1,143-square-foot triangle of lawn in front of property that is set aside as common ground in the neighborhood’s indenture.

It was that patch of green protesters saw when they filed through the gate. Mark McCloskey said in an affidavit that he has defended the patch before by pointing a gun at a neighbor who had tried to cut through it.

Mark McCloskey has run off trustees trying to make repairs to the wall surrounding his property, insisting that he and his wife own it. In 2013, he destroyed bee hives placed just outside of the mansion’s northern wall by the neighboring Jewish Central Reform Congregation and left a note saying he did it, and if the mess wasn’t cleaned up quickly he would seek a restraining order and attorneys fees. The congregation had planned to harvest the honey and pick apples from trees on its property for Rosh Hashanah.

“The children were crying in school,” Rabbi Susan Talve said. “It was part of our curriculum.”

Link

108224673_10157489537040334_5018579660372868846_o.jpg

Perfect ROY G BIV fit!

Here is one from 2018. Cops beat up a 20 year old woman on a beach after her breathalyzer came up negative.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/new-j...wood-police-punch-video-assault-20190215.html

SHE plead guilty to disorderly conduct for using profanity while getting her ass kicked.

“When the officers approached me on the beach, I got upset, and I said a few curse words,” Weinman told Superior Court Judge Bernard DeLury during her guilty plea. She acknowledged that her behavior was unlawful.

Weinman, 21, the mother of a toddler, said she was relieved that the incident, which received international attention after a video was posted showing an officer striking her, could be put behind her. She is also serving a probationary term in Pennsylvania on an unrelated offense.”

Here is one from 2018. Cops beat up a 20 year old woman on a beach after her breathalyzer came up negative.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/new-j...wood-police-punch-video-assault-20190215.html

SHE plead guilty to disorderly conduct for using profanity while getting her ass kicked.

“When the officers approached me on the beach, I got upset, and I said a few curse words,” Weinman told Superior Court Judge Bernard DeLury during her guilty plea. She acknowledged that her behavior was unlawful.

Weinman, 21, the mother of a toddler, said she was relieved that the incident, which received international attention after a video was posted showing an officer striking her, could be put behind her. She is also serving a probationary term in Pennsylvania on an unrelated offense.”

JFC - if you're OK with the police acting this way then you wipe your ass with the First Amendment every morning

If I where her I'd sue the living shit out of the police departement and try to ruin the lives of every office involved.

That is fucked up and scary.

There is something funny about seeing these dudes dressed like they're going to war load up in a mini van and run away. Seems much more appropriate than the military vehicles.

Back