• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

palma has literally said he's more upset about property damage than state sanctioned police murder so i don't see any reason why anyone would engage with him, though it is refreshing to get some honesty

I'm more upset about nationwide property damage and literally millions of people who can't go to work because everything is closed. Protest in minneapolis? Sure. Looting in 50 metro areas simultaneously when the officer in charge is already likely going to get killed in prison soon enough? A bit much.

yeahhhh... nope

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/4572164-looters-storm-hot-topic-store-in-long-beach/

Might give you some insight as to why the cops want to break up the protests after curfew is done. If they tell people for hours to leave and they don't, then its fairly ridiculous to be outraged that they eventually use tear gas.

The question is why are there so many cops at the peaceful protests, if not to gain media attention, which enables them to gain more riot funding? More toys, less work. Cut the peaceful protest crew in half, shadow but stay out of the way and let it end organically, and send the rest of the cops to areas targeted for looting.

Of course that would involve cops actually doing something instead of standing around and bullying unarmed peaceful civilians. It also might actually involve running, and not playing dress up GI Joe.

is the argument that people should only protest if police kill someone in their area?

It’s a pretty thin argument. 6 ATL police were charge with assault yesterday for dragging two black students out of their car using a tazer while the students were trying to leave the protests.

Who were driving right behind a car with a least one white woman in the passengers seat.

Without the looting and rioting, unfortunately, this all would be nothing. 95% of the US (and all of the world) learned about this through images and videos, and it’s the images of burned out streets and buildings that capture attention. Another march is just another march. The rioting, looting, and more police brutality videos are what are hopefully going to lead to change.

Yep.

Right, the way to reduce police profiling based on prejudices of criminal behavior is through criminal behavior. Makes perfect sense.

You can buy that one on Amazon. #capitalism
https://www.amazon.com/MARTIN-LUTHER-GLOSSY-PICTURE-mugshot/dp/B00BGFR498

What do you think happened after Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat?

jb_modern_parks_1_e.jpg

There has been for the past week, hence the curfew.

So just leave the protesters alone and focus on the looters. People aren't protesting in the stores. The cops are making this worse.

idk why palma is so scared of looting, the flu kills far more people per year

LOL.

is the argument that people should only protest if police kill someone in their area?

if i were a cop and i didn't want my city to get destroyed i would simply not commit murder of a citizen

if i were a cop in a city that didn't do a recent citizen murder i would simply not shoot rubber pellets and fire tear gas at peaceful protestors

but then again i didn't get straight Cs from middle school on, and i am not a cop

The questions is why are there so many cops at the peaceful protests, if not to gain media attention, which enables them to gain more riot funding? Cut the peaceful protest crew in half, shadow bit stay out of there way, and send the rest of the cops to areas targeted for looting.

Of course that would involve cops actually doing something instead of standing around and bullying unarmed peaceful civilians. It also might actually involve running, and not playing dress up GI Joe.

Well that's what they're doing now, but they were caught off guard the first day or two. The residents pay taxes so that police officers are around where there are thousands of angry people that given the links above, tend to get a little out of hand if there's no police presence. Wondering why the police are around is ridiculous. I'd imagine there'd be less of a police presence if they all protested in a park.

I'm more upset about nationwide property damage and literally millions of people who can't go to work because everything is closed. Protest in minneapolis? Sure. Looting in 50 metro areas simultaneously when the officer in charge is already likely going to get killed in prison soon enough? A bit much.

I’d personally rather this continue for the next month and real structure change happen. Or we can have a new couple day flair up every year, and nothing changes.

Palma hopefully this is the end of the line.

Well that's what they're doing now, but they were caught off guard the first day or two. The residents pay taxes so that police officers are around where there are thousands of angry people that given the links above, tend to get a little out of hand if there's no police presence. Wondering why the police are around is ridiculous. I'd imagine there'd be less of a police presence if they all protested in a park.

This is quite possibly the dumbest post on this thread given what happened in DC in daylight before curfew. palma is reaching 2&2 territory.

I think the argument is its a little absurd to destroy downtown santa monica because of something that happened in minneapolis. And the liberal lets emphathize with the idiots position is fairly donkish.

This is quite possibly the dumbest post on this thread given what happened in DC in daylight before curfew. palma is reaching 2&2 territory.

This was Trump being Trump. I think everyone is calling that as stupid.

Swing and a miss bud

With the amount of manpower called up the police could easily be doing both. Monitoring large peaceful gatherings but also chasing down and arresting looters. But they don’t want to. It’s not what they signed up to do. They signed up to beat on unarmed civilians and confiscate police revenue.

Murder clearance rates are down nationwide, yet technology is way up. What does that tell you about the motivation of today’s police?

Last edited:
People that are sharing that dumb Trudeau shit might want to educate themselves on Canada’s current and past violence towards indigenous communities. Fuck Trudeau.

Swing and a miss bud

With the amount of manpower called up the police could easily be doing both. Monitoring large peaceful gatherings but also chasing down and arresting looters. But they don’t want to. It’s not what they signed up to do. They signed up to beat on unarmed civilians and confiscate police revenue.

Murder clearance rates are down nationwide, yet technology is way up. What does that tell you about the motivation of today’s police?

There are wayyyyy more looters than there are police bruh. Long beach had thousands.

If anyone is an expert on race relations... it's Justin Trudeau

Trudeau-Doubles-Down-Blackface-350x250.jpg

Yep

Too bad people are incapable of learning or growth.

He was asked a question.

His response seems fine to me.

Of course, it would have been better if he’d waved his magic wand and fixed everything.

Last edited:
There are wayyyyy more looters than there are police bruh. Long beach had thousands.

Do we need one cop for every looter? If so, then we need new police. A show of force in targeted areas by a few police standing around would keep looters away.

But that's not what they want man. They'd rather sit around and play dress up. Also in their minds more crime equals more tax dollars. Police commissioners love fear. More OT, more military gear. Normally they would get punished for bad stats but right now they can explain it all way and ask for more resources.

Don't be a sheep Plams. ALWAYS follow the money

We’ve essentially hollowed out every public service and especially cut back in corona times but you know who never gets cutbacks?

Back