• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

yeahhhh... nope

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/4572164-looters-storm-hot-topic-store-in-long-beach/

Might give you some insight as to why the cops want to break up the protests after curfew is done. If they tell people for hours to leave and they don't, then its fairly ridiculous to be outraged that they eventually use tear gas.

There are numerous occasions of police tear gassing a trapped crowd, like in the Charlotte video linked earlier. That's not crowd dispersal, that's torture.

Do we need one cop for every looter? If so, then we need new police. A show of force in targeted areas by a few police standing around would keep looters away.

But that's not what they want man. They'd rather sit around and play dress up. Also in their minds more crime equals more tax dollars. Police commissioners love fear. More OT, more military gear. Normally they would get punished for bad stats but right now they can explain it all way and ask for more resources.

Don't be a sheep Plams. ALWAYS follow the money

The cops aren't going to risk their own lives by spreading out and being vulnerable. In long beach there were literally about 50-100 cops all grouped together at one block, with thousands looting just blocks away. It was infuriating to watch live on TV that they didn't just go over there and bum rush the looters. But 50 aren't going to take on hundreds unless they're willing to use some force. But the democrats don't want to use any force.

Palma legit believes that not following a bullshit curfew is justification for using tear gas banned by the Geneva Convention. Can you smell all that freedom?

more on the Richmond protests (on Sunday night, not last night). Whole thread is worth a look.

The cops aren't going to risk their own lives by spreading out and being vulnerable. In long beach there were literally about 50-100 cops all grouped together at one block, with thousands looting just blocks away. It was infuriating to watch live on TV that they didn't just go over there and bum rush the looters. But 50 aren't going to take on hundreds unless they're willing to use some force. But the democrats don't want to use any force.

So the police didn't want to do their jobs. Got it. Maybe we shouldn't hire such chickenshit human beings to man our police forces. Giving them assault rifles and riot gear seems worthless too. If they're too scared to do their jobs whats the point in giving them anything more than a baton?

if i were a cop and i didn't want my city to get destroyed i would simply not commit murder of a citizen

if i were a cop in a city that didn't do a recent citizen murder i would simply not shoot rubber pellets and fire tear gas at peaceful protestors

but then again i didn't get straight Cs from middle school on, and i am not a cop

Straight Cs man you are being generous. Starting with small town cops, where I grew up they are the failures, some of the dumbest mouth breathers that I know. A lot of them got introduced to policing by being the dumb fucks that got in trouble with the police and were put into police buddy programs so they didn't get expelled or sent to jail. You know the best and brightest. I thought in cities that might be a little better but someone's cousin I know through fantasy football might be top 5 dumbest person I have ever met and he is a cop, started as a campus police officer and took like a decade to become a real cop, can't spell, can't read, posts some borderline racist trump supporter shit. Sure not all cops but every department has them, and if tomorrow I read an article that had his name in it for police brutality I wouldn't even question it.

Because the criminals have automatic weapons?

Well apparently our current police are too afraid to break up a bunch of teenagers smashing windows, so yes I question spending all that money on weaponry that they only feel compelled to use on defenseless citizens.

Palma legit believes that not following a bullshit curfew is justification for using tear gas banned by the Geneva Convention. Can you smell all that freedom?

We have assumed control. We have assumed control. We have assumed control.

Well apparently our current police are too afraid to break up a bunch of teenagers smashing windows, so yes I question spending all that money on weaponry that they only feel compelled to use on defenseless citizens.

again its not a few teenagers. Its thousands.

again its not a few teenagers. Its thousands.

50 police officers with automatic weapons should be able to scare away a vast majority of those thousands. Maybe a few idiots stay around and try to start trouble but I've yet to see one looter video where the people breaking into stores are running by/through police officers. I'm not saying its going to be easy for them 100% of the time, but its their job to break that up.

I suspect the police understand the long term value of letting the looters continue and were told to stand down.

50 police officers with automatic weapons should be able to scare away a vast majority of those thousands. Maybe a few idiots stay around and try to start trouble but I've yet to see one looter video where the people breaking into stores are running by/through police officers. I'm not saying its going to be easy for them 100% of the time, but its their job to break that up.

I suspect the police understand the long term value of letting the looters continue and were told to stand down.

That "the police are just letting them loot" take is ridiculous coming from a liberal city. I mean they're literally looting LA's greatest tourist destinations. No one in the city wants that. Much more likely the democratic pols don't want to risk any conflict, so Trump's actually right that they have to be a bit tougher. Shoot 5 of em in the leg Biden style and it stops fairly quickly.

Last edited:
Straight Cs man you are being generous. Starting with small town cops, where I grew up they are the failures, some of the dumbest mouth breathers that I know. A lot of them got introduced to policing by being the dumb fucks that got in trouble with the police and were put into police buddy programs so they didn't get expelled or sent to jail. You know the best and brightest. I thought in cities that might be a little better but someone's cousin I know through fantasy football might be top 5 dumbest person I have ever met and he is a cop, started as a campus police officer and took like a decade to become a real cop, can't spell, can't read, posts some borderline racist trump supporter shit. Sure not all cops but every department has them, and if tomorrow I read an article that had his name in it for police brutality I wouldn't even question it.

the only thing that keeps me from just going full "all cops are bastards" and racist rhetoric is just like, watching the jeffrey epstein doc and knowing there are fucking awful predators out there citizens require protection from, and some cops who have devoted their lives to stopping people like that

but i would say for the most part we recruit the lowest common denominator, give them no oversight, keep them incredibly well funded with weapons they aren't equipped to properly handle, and never raise our expectations for them ever, in either party

but i would say for the most part we recruit the lowest common denominator, give them no oversight, keep them incredibly well funded with weapons they aren't equipped to properly handle, and never raise our expectations for them ever, in either party

Sounds like the federal government

the only thing that keeps me from just going full "all cops are bastards" and racist rhetoric is just like, watching the jeffrey epstein doc and knowing there are fucking awful predators out there citizens require protection from, and some cops who have devoted their lives to stopping people like that

Good post. But we can do the former without the latter. It's not even that hard to imagine that.

The people being voted in, at every turn, are just as likely to uphold injustice, often unknowingly. Does anyone making the argument for voting as a solution ever really consider the likelyhood or even possibility of the justice system truly being reformed?
Angela Davis wrote
"The liberal articulates his sensitivity to certain of society’s intolerable details, but will almost never prescribe methods of resistance that exceed the limits of legality — redress through electoral channels is the liberal’s panacea. In the heat of our pursuit of fundamental human rights, black people have been continually cautioned to be patient. We are advised that as long as we remain faithful to the existing democratic order, the glorious moment will eventually arrive when we will come into our own as full-fledged human beings."

never mind we'll just return everyone to office since there's no point in changing?

look, i'm not saying that this is all we should do, but I guarantee you that a House made up of 435 freshmen/women would do a lot more than the idiots there now. Vote every single incumbent out. THEN we could get term limits, and let computers simply and sensibly draw ungerrymandered congressional districts that will allow everyone to be fairly represented. Those are systemic changes that will help correct problems over the long term. Shorter term solutions need to happen too.

That "the police are just letting them loot" take is ridiculous coming from a liberal city. I mean they're literally looting LA's greatest tourist destinations. No one in the city wants that. Much more likely the democratic pols don't want to risk any conflict, so Trump's actually right that they have to be a bit tougher. Shoot 5 of em in the leg Biden style and it stops fairly quickly.

Palma you're smarter than this. It is not liberal or conservative. Its self-interest.

If the looting goes unchecked who benefits in the end? Maybe not tomorrow, but in the next year or two? Think about it. Who gets more money/support/etc?

Do you really think the LAPD gives a flying fuck about small business owners?

Back