• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

I would like Angus to tell me more about that message and picture from the National Fraternal Order of Police.

If you look up systemic racism in the dictionary you just see that bitch’s face.

[h=1]LAPD Chief Just Became the ‘Ugly American’ in France[/h]

Two Los Angeles police officers made a wrongful arrest about 5,700 miles outside their jurisdiction.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kbbng/lapd-chief-just-became-the-ugly-american-in-france

Two Los Angeles Police Department officers just caused an international incident by making a wrongful arrest—in France.
It happened in Marseille, where LAPD Chief Michel Moore and Assistant Chief Robert Marino were walking the streets after dinner with their wives, along with two LAPD officers as security detail.
On Nov. 17 around 11 p.m. local time, Moore, Marino, their wives, the security detail, and members of the French National police left a restaurant, according to police. A man walking down the street with a group bumped into Marino’s wife, who then accused him of stealing her cellphone.
The security team chased after the man and arrested him, but they and local authorities quickly realized the man hadn’t taken a thing from the commander’s wife, according to French police. And now, the department is opening an investigation into the wrongful stop, which took place more than 5,700 miles outside their jurisdiction, the Los Angeles Times reported.

On that same topic

On that same topic

It's academic, but this is a major topic in sociology right now and Russell Sage Foundation just put out an incredible compilation of essays edited by top scholars.

https://www.rsfjournal.org/content/8/2

I'm happy to share articles if there's anything of interest and you can't jump the paywall.

Back