• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

'You're gonna kill me!': Dallas police body cam footage reveals the final minutes of Tony Timpa's life

Those three officers -- Kevin Mansell, Danny Vasquez and Dustin Dillard -- were indicted by a grand jury in 2017 on charges of misdemeanor deadly conduct, three months after The News published its investigation into Timpa’s death. Following two days of testimony, the grand jury’s indictment stated that the "officers engaged in reckless conduct that placed Timpa in imminent danger of serious bodily injury.”

But in March, Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot dismissed the charges.

In the video, Dillard pins Timpa to the ground with his knee in his back for more than 13 minutes. Keeping someone face-down and bound at the arms and legs is known as the "prone position," a method of restraint that is controversial in policing. Several studies have shown it may increase the risk for asphyxiation and sudden death.

Officers should know the dangers of restraining someone in a prone position, said Erik Heipt, a Seattle lawyer who specializes in cases of in-custody deaths.

“It’s just basic science: People can be essentially suffocated to death when they're lying on their stomachs in a prone position and there’s weight on their backs compressing their chest and diaphragm,” Heipt said.

So what did she do? Why was she pulled over in the first place?

I’m trying to figure out why he had to chase her down, pull her out, and tase her to give her a ticket.

I ran a red light earlier this year. A camera filmed my car including my license plate and the city sent me a ticket. I don’t know why the cop couldn’t have just body cammed her license plate and sent her a ticket.

I’m trying to figure out why he had to chase her down, pull her out, and tase her to give her a ticket.

I ran a red light earlier this year. A camera filmed my car including my license plate and the city sent me a ticket. I don’t know why the cop couldn’t have just body cammed her license plate and sent her a ticket.

because with the exception of statutory stuff like red-light cameras, the state has the burden of proving you actually committed the crime (infraction, in this case) you were charged with.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

because with the exception of statutory stuff like red-light cameras, the state has the burden of proving you actually committed the crime (infraction, in this case) you were charged with.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

How did pulling her out of the car and tasing her prove the crime?

How is the crime proven by handing her a ticket rather than sending her a ticket?

How did pulling her out of the car and tasing her prove the crime?

How is the crime proven by handing her a ticket rather than sending her a ticket?

Tasing has nothing to do with my point.

He has to hand her a ticket because otherwise he can't prove she was the one driving. Are you the only person who ever drives your car? Your wife never does? Never lend it to a friend or relative? Should you be responsible for a ticket if your friend goes 80 in a 65 in your car? No, of course not. The state has to prove you were the one driving. That is most commonly done by stopping the vehicle, obtaining the license, and writing a ticket.

So after he threatened to arrest her, she finally relented and said she'd sign the ticket. Good job policeman! He got a difficult person to comply and ended a minor verbal confrontation. But no, then his ego kicked in and he had to continue insisting on arresting her (for verbally arguing previously, I guess), leading to a body slam and tazering of an old woman. Another needless escalation endangering a person's health for a traffic violation. And yeah, if she was a "scary minority" more likely she'd be shot.

Pretty sure I just saw video evidence of her driving.

Dude she got pulled over for a broken tail light. The cop tried to give her a ticket, she refused to sign it and fled the scene. She then leads the cop and a chase, refused to get out of the car, and violently resisted arrest. That's gonna get you tased 100 out of 100 times. I am almost always on team anybody but the cop, but c'mon man.

Just take the fucking ticket you got because you broke the law and don't be a huge asshole.

Dude it wasn’t even a moving infraction? Please explain why a ticket for a broken taillight couldn’t have just been mailed to the owner of the vehicle without all this police state BS.

And that doesn’t even include questioning why a broken taillight deserves anything more than a simple warning.

Last edited:
Dude it wasn’t even a moving infraction? Please explain why a ticket for a broken taillight couldn’t have just been mailed to the owner of the vehicle without all this police state BS.

And that doesn’t even include questioning why a broken taillight deserves anything more than a simple warning.

Listen if we want to change the laws then that's fine, but i am assuming most states and municipalities don't have resources for an extensive network of cameras and systems to process the footage and send tickets. So we rely on the police to pull people over and assign tickets with small fines as punishment so people don't drive vehicles that put other motorists at risk of bodily harm. Is that the right option, i'm not sure, but it is what it is right now. So refusing the ticket, running from the scene, and resisting arrest will result in your ass getting tased. Every. Time.

And since when do you have to sign the ticket right there? Aren't you just handed the ticket? I mean, I would have wanted to tase her ass, but I'm not a highly trained professional officer of the peace who should know how to handle a situation like that without putting that MAGA shitbird in a life threatening situation.

And since when do you have to sign the ticket right there? Aren't you just handed the ticket? I mean, I would have wanted to tase her ass, but I'm not a highly trained professional officer of the peace who should know how to handle a situation like that without putting that MAGA shitbird in a life threatening situation.

It's been a while since I got pulled over, but I can't remember ever having to sign a ticket.

Tasing has nothing to do with my point.

He has to hand her a ticket because otherwise he can't prove she was the one driving. Are you the only person who ever drives your car? Your wife never does? Never lend it to a friend or relative? Should you be responsible for a ticket if your friend goes 80 in a 65 in your car? No, of course not. The state has to prove you were the one driving. That is most commonly done by stopping the vehicle, obtaining the license, and writing a ticket.

So if you get a ticket in the mail from one of those red light cameras, just 1) go to court, 2) say "it wasn't me", 3) profit??

Listen if we want to change the laws then that's fine, but i am assuming most states and municipalities don't have resources for an extensive network of cameras and systems to process the footage and send tickets. So we rely on the police to pull people over and assign tickets with small fines as punishment so people don't drive vehicles that put other motorists at risk of bodily harm. Is that the right option, i'm not sure, but it is what it is right now. So refusing the ticket, running from the scene, and resisting arrest will result in your ass getting tased. Every. Time.

So a broken taillight puts other motorist at risk of bodily harm so the state should put people in bodily harm to stop them.

Yeah I can’t believe I am siding with catamount here but that lady was out of line. Just take the fucking ticket and appeal it later if you really think it’s bullshit.

You can’t just run from the cops when they legally (and fairly professionally) request you to comply with something. Especially when you’re in the wrong.

Back