• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Innocent until proven guilty. Mike Brown deserved a day in court.

If he got physically aggressive with an armed police officer, that is not a great way to get your day in court.

If he got physically aggressive with an armed police officer, that is not a great way to get your day in court.

That's the new standard? Have you ever seen someone get arrested? Or like, watched "COPS"?

While that is stupid, the cop didn't know anything about the robbery according to the chief of Police. Does this give the cop the right to get out of his car and gun the kid (he knew was unarmed) down?

That's the new standard? Have you ever seen someone get arrested? Or like, watched "COPS"?

I never justified the cops actions or attempted to set a "new standard". I simply made the point that fucking with armed cops is not a good way to insure you are treated fairly and with respect. I actually qualified the statement with an if clause because there are conflicting reports. Some people on this board either cannot read or just do not want to.

Getting physically aggressive with a police officer is a one-way ticket to seeing your day in court, so I'm not sure what your point is? The alternative being an execution.

Getting physically aggressive with a police officer is a one-way ticket to seeing your day in court, so I'm not sure what your point is? The alternative being an execution.

Getting caught breaking the law is a way to end up in court. But if you get physical with armed cops in the process you may just end up dead.

do you think if a black cop from Winston had shot a white Wake student down in cold blood that he wouldn't have been arrested already?

Getting caught breaking the law is a way to end up in court. But if you get physical with armed cops in the process you may just end up dead.

Had he been shot at the car, you'd have a point. But the cop getting out the car and shooting a person he knew was unarmed is a crime Your posts are doing everything you can to explain this crime away and justify what the cop did.

You may think you are cloaking them in "what ifs" but the bottom line is many people are in jail for life for doing similar things. In jurisdiction after jurisdiction, people have been charged with first degree murder for killing someone after a fight had ended.

I thought being physically aggressive with an "armed" cop (as opposed to all those unarmed cops?) is breaking the law, generally necessitating a day in court?

With all the conflicting reports out there it is tough to tell who is telling the truth. Sad day when an unarmed man is shot by a cop, no matter what crime he had committed previous to the altercation. I feel quite certain that Brown's actions escalated whatever confrontation there was. This does not excuse the cop for shooting him by any means, but I do believe Brown holds some responsibility for what happened. Obviously the cop holds a great deal of responsibility as well.

Really sucks for him (obviously) and his friends and family. Does not seem like a case where the cops were seeking to find trouble, but more of a being in the wrong place at the wrong time and making a bad choice under pressure. The consequences of that bad decision in this case is the loss of life. I am not sure what the proper avenue is for recourse/punishment. Tough situation, hopefully the evidence will be clear on whether this is a Rodney King (premeditated, intentional act of violence) or a quick reaction to a seemingly violent confrontation.

do you think if a black cop from Winston had shot a white Wake student down in cold blood that he wouldn't have been arrested already?

is that what happened to kreebie?

With all the conflicting reports out there it is tough to tell who is telling the truth. Sad day when an unarmed man is shot by a cop, no matter what crime he had committed previous to the altercation. I feel quite certain that Brown's actions escalated whatever confrontation there was. This does not excuse the cop for shooting him by any means, but I do believe Brown holds some responsibility for what happened. Obviously the cop holds a great deal of responsibility as well.

Really sucks for him (obviously) and his friends and family. Does not seem like a case where the cops were seeking to find trouble, but more of a being in the wrong place at the wrong time and making a bad choice under pressure. The consequences of that bad decision in this case is the loss of life. I am not sure what the proper avenue is for recourse/punishment. Tough situation, hopefully the evidence will be clear on whether this is a Rodney King (premeditated, intentional act of violence) or a quick reaction to a seemingly violent confrontation.

If the guy wasn't a cop, the time it took from Brown walking away until the time the cop got out of the car, aim and shot would be plenty of time for a DA to charge premeditation.

The Chief of Police said the stop had NOTHING to do with the robbery. The stop was about the cop busting the balls of two young black men. Then appearing to leave and coming back to escalate the situation himself when he backed up. Multiple eyewitnesses agree that the cop did back up to go after Brown and Johnson a second time.

I can't wait to hear your justification for an allegedly trained six year veteran cop to get out his car to gun down a person he knew was unarmed. There are no "conflicting reports" to say Wilson didn't know Brown was unarmed.

What possible justification can you come up with for a cop to get out of his and start shooting at someone he knew was unarmed?

Serious question, why aren't more LEOs using non lethal weapons? I'm going to assume the answer is just the NRA.

Ferguson Police could not have handled this more poorly:

-Cop shot Brown in broad daylight and nobody even checked on him for 30-40 minutes
-Left a dead body uncovered in the street for 4 or 5 hours in plain view of a community
-After multiple nights of violence they release the video of the kid stealing at the same time they identify the officer

Certainly not excusing robbery and looting, but strong armed robbery or jaywalking aren't and shouldn't be capital offenses. Ferguson PD is tone deaf and needlessly antagonized the community. It's painfully obvious that they didn't just receive the robbery video yesterday.

Last edited:
I thought being physically aggressive with an "armed" cop (as opposed to all those unarmed cops?) is breaking the law, generally necessitating a day in court?

Yes. If you get aggressive with a cop, you don't deserve to be shot. You probably deserve to get roughed up (and most likely will), but you don't deserve to be killed. Bodyslammed to the ground: Yes. Shot multiple times: no.

Serious question, why aren't more LEOs using non lethal weapons? I'm going to assume the answer is just the NRA.
1. 'Murica
2. Fuck yeah
3. Freedom
4. These colors don't run
5. 2nd Amendment
6. Dallas Cowboys
7. Kentucky Fried Chicken
8. Never Forget
9. Lee Greenwood
10. General Lee
11. The General Lee
12. Don't tread on me
13. Illegal aliens taking our jorbs

Ferguson Police could not have handled this more poorly:

-Cop shot Brown in broad daylight and nobody even checked on him for 30-40 minutes
-Left a dead body uncovered in the street for 4 or 5 hours in plain view of a community
-After multiple nights of violence they release the video of the kid stealing at the same time they identify the officer

Certainly not excusing robbery and looting, but strong armed robbery or jaywalking aren't and shouldn't be criminal offenses. Ferguson PD is tone deaf ad needlessly antagonized the community. It's painfully obvious that they didn't just receive the robbery video yesterday.

Ouch. Those first two are brutal.

Back