• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Well body cam footage was released from the incident last night in MN, and basically they guy being arrested gets back in his car, then the cop tried to tase him but apparently pulled the gun instead and shot him dead. Oops

A police officer who can’t tell the difference between is Taser and gun should be punished and shouldn’t be a cop again. Pretty straightforward.

Serious warning before you click the "play" button, this is a man getting murdered.

They seemed a lot more concerned by a man trying to get into a car than a car being driven by a man who just got shot which was certainly more dangerous.

That was clearly a gun and she waved it at him multiple times before shooting it. Maybe it was an accident but you shouldn’t be able to yell “tase” and kill someone and get away with it.

You also should not be able to claim "mistake" when your taser and sidearm (are they both technically side arms?) are in separate locations and feel different.

For lawyers...

If the evidence supports that this was an accidental shooting with a gun rather than an intended taser...what’s a reasonable or appropriate legal response?

I mean criminal charge(s), not the anticipated civil settlements.

Last edited:

Technology solutions open the door for all sorts of other harm though.

The article isn’t about technology solutions unless you count seat belt laws, public transportation, or walkable neighborhood..

I agree that technology isn’t the answer but that shouldn’t prevent us from getting rid of traffic stops.

The article isn’t about technology solutions unless you count seat belt laws, public transportation, or walkable neighborhood..

I agree that technology isn’t the answer but that shouldn’t prevent us from getting rid of traffic stops.

So we're talking about roughly 1,000 total deaths caused by police, and some percentage of those happen in traffic stops. Even a 2% uptick in drunk driving deaths likely dwarfs the amount of deaths caused from traffic stops.

Let's just get rid of the fines from traffic stops.

ah i didn't click the link, just saw another article had been circulating about traffic stops that suggested we now have the technology to take plates and issue citations without ever effecting a stop and requiring an interaction. my bad kory! #readlinks

So we're talking about roughly 1,000 total deaths caused by police, and some percentage of those happen in traffic stops. Even a 2% uptick in drunk driving deaths likely dwarfs the amount of deaths caused from traffic stops.

Let's just get rid of the fines from traffic stops.

That's the key. Police levied fines and law enforcement confiscation are used to subside low tax rates.

Stealing from brown people to pay police salaries instead of taxing the local populace fairly.

another article had been circulating about traffic stops that suggested we now have the technology to take plates and issue citations without ever effecting a stop and requiring an interaction.

ew gross that shit is mad gross

That's the key. Police levied fines and law enforcement confiscation are used to subside low tax rates.

Stealing from brown people to pay police salaries instead of taxing the local populace fairly.

Getting rid of fines is good but that doesn’t help the violence.

Back