• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

In 1300 pages, this has probably been posted previously, but always a good refresher

Charlie Chaplin had to finance The Great Dictator movie himself bc America was pretty anti-Semitic and Nazi sympathizing in 1940 - they did not want to offend Hitler.
Kind of the way we don't want to offend China today.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that reaction.

The film industry, NBA, etc are hesitant to challenge China on their human rights violations. Not really relevant to this thread but I get his point.

It’s not a “point” though or certainly not a good one. Especially considering recent events, that we just executed a mentally disabled woman and that we are perhaps the global leader in human rights violations.

I imagine the global lead in human rights violations looks something like women’s gymnastics medal podium.

In today's criminal justice news, an innocent visitor to a prison inmate was forcibly strip-searched – including having her tampon "collected" – because someone somewhere maybe heard the inmate (not the visitor) might have contraband.

The 4th Circuit says that's all well and good and please give us more sexual assaults of visitors by prison guards.

F*cking outrageous

https://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/182193.P.pdf

There’s no justification for handcuffing and pepper spraying her. But even then she wasn’t even doing anything when they sprayed her. She was sitting in the car handcuffed. They could have just closed the doors.

Has "they didn't have to..." ever not applied to these police sanctioned assault and murders?

When the low point of your day is that you pepper sprayed a 9 year old you need to reevaluate your life because you are a shitty human being.

wow, some really poor judgement being shown right there.

good grief

Because Kyle is the real victim. Any white guy can stand in the middle of any street and kill people protesting for social justice and gain supporters.

Back